Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am still wading through all of the available technology and trying to determine which ones I like and which one will actually work for me.

I don't think I am ready to commit to any special software/program/app/etc.   Only time will tell.

Using an app that allows student to turn in their assignments to makes it easier to find for presentations, along with the fact that when they turn it in it is dated and times. 

Being able to share information and collaborate with applications like Google is vital for education.

There are so many great applications available today to create presentations that are interactive and engaging to students. Prezi is a great example of one.

Technology places an advantage in the finger tips of students and teachers. Teaching and learning various technology enhances a lesson aand learning. Find ways to integrate and collaborate through technology.

There are many applications available to incorporate technology into the classroom. Schoology can be used to extend discussions beyond the classroom, ask questions from outside of class, and view shared resources. Other applications allow students to create newsfeeds that apply to the learning. PowerPoint and Prezi can be incorporated to allow students to create multimedia presenations, and Slideshare can be used to upload or download presentations on specific topics as open source material. Adobe Captivate allows users to create interactive onlline learning modules and applications such as Google Docs and ZOHO Notebook allow students to collaborate in real time.

Using various forms of technology makes the classroom student centered not teacher centered.

There are multiple applications for specific use that can be beneficial to institutions with saving money, information sharing and student engagement.

Our district started using Schoology this year. It has completely changes the way I teach and organize my classes. Like all new change, I was a little hesitant/ resistan...I love it now. Can't imaging teaching without a capable LMS.

Seth Soronnadi

"SlideShare presentations can be embedded on a blog or wiki to be shared with students and peers, and remove the risk of a PowerPoint not launching or functioning incorrectly due to software or hardware malfunctions on the host computer." I agree

The modules are very helpful but unfortunately some I can't use due to me working in a correctional facility. 

There is many resources to aid and engage students. Engagement of students using these resources will increase the more we educators use them.  

The main learning from this module is that there are many and also many emerging tech tools/apps that can be used to enhance learning and teaching, through greater access, sharing, and communication facilitation.  Too many to know about all of them, much less use them but knowing something is probably already available to do whatever is desired, can lead the instructor w/ a bit of research and study to find and develop works for their curriculum.

"Sharing is Caring", having the opportunity to use a cloud on demand sharing platform is very important for students and teachers.

Using Hyperlinks , G drive or other cloud based tools make us more efficient and productive.

A lot of this section's content was a recap for me, bput I was unaware of Slideshare. It sounds like a great tool to use, given I end up sharing my lecture slides in a PDF format after class. It'll be much more accessible with Slideshare!

There are many different websites and cloud based softwares that can enhance the learning for the student and also enhance the teaching for the instructor. Utilizing all or some of the mentioned tools is recommended.

With today's technology the cloud-based services are great for sharing ideas and are great because you don't have to carry a bunch of paper files around.  

In today's environment the instructor must be tech savy and if possible combine both technology based as well as parctical instruction.

Uploading slides to the cloud will save time and technical problems for an instructor. A cloud based service which allows students to share files would also be helpful but it should be monitored to ensure everyone is contributing.

Reply to Kimberly Savage's post:How long have you been using it and how effective is it? I don't know anyone who uses it.

Sign In to comment