Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are many opinions and we are either on the cutting edge or a lot is outdated material.

For me I find it hard because our IT dept. is great but what do they support and what are other instructors on my campus using to make things easier. otherwise this just seems to be a world of info that is to far out there.  This course is serving nurses, culinary instructors and who know what other fields. This information should be more specific to each disipline and approved by the college that we are teaching at before we go down this rabbit hole of technology that may not even serve us well. There were a lot of negative comments on RSS and Google Reader, and why are we supporting wiki if anyone can go on there and change statements about things when students need solid references and aren't really supposed to be using Wikipedia?

I like the idea of Virtual reality and bloggs and video conferencing my only concern is that it is too much. my school uses MS teams and this allows me to call students without giving out my cell phone if I needed to also I can chat and do a video confernence. So like I said I think that there are many options but find something that works for you and stick to it don't get 10 different apps on different platforms. The other thing to consider is that I am still facing the issue of students not having access to a computer and at least that is what I am told which forces the student to find a campus computer and sometimes that is difficult. 

The use of technology in the classroom is something that I support and stress as when in the workplace students will be faced with using these various systems. Technology not only aids in the classroom learning process but is something that is crucial to business. It is a win win if students are able to grasp things early in their career. 

Using new technology helps expand a students resources

I have been teaching for almost 3 decades, but in the cosmetology field. It is a field in which most schools do not see the need for technology, just a textbook resource. When I tried my hand at teaching public school elementary, I was afforded the opportunity to utilize various digital technology for my students. As a result I now enjoy incorporating technology into my classroom learning environment but find it difficult to determine how best to capitalize on the benefits of these resources in relation to a classroom in which I'm teaching manicuring. I now work at a cosmetology school that is supportive of developing the school's curriculum through the addition of digital technologu. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

We already use file sharing software since our courses are blended with on campus and on-line components.

Technology is moving so quickly that the learning tools are more advantageous for this and upcoming generational users google docs is a wonder tool for the classroom.

Learning all the new technology is exciting. I love slideshare!!! Definately will be using this.

Technology is being used by a lot of students to help get more information, and it will be very useful for teachers to keep  students engaged .

Being able to utilize technology can enhance the learning experience of students and make the job of educatoirs easier.

I have learned that there are a lot of good online resources that I can use for slide sharing, data sharing, blogging, and quiz and test creators.   

These new technologies are very useful.

Students will help in understanding this new challenging on ones ability  and its rewards. Yes like in myself new technology is by no means easy. This for our great students i feed they will easy take control of this scientific knowledge.

Social media is a current paradigm for learning collaboratively from any location at any time, allowing students and instructors to come together and share ideas about the topic at hand or introduce new, relevant topics for further exploration and discussion.

Slideshare offers a forum to share presentations. Found one on teaching with technology that I intend to work with to try to get more technology in my class.

Using technology in the classroom is a great tool to use with the current generation of students. Covid has made these tools a  standard in the classroom.

Evaluating students' knowledge of the technology that you will use in the course is just the beginning. The learning curve can be shared amongst the facilitator and the student. 

Google docs. is a great platform for students to access their group work as they can edit and add anything needed for their project presentations. So many apps and other web-sharing applications are needed to be put into use so that students are constantly engaged in the classroom and online.

Using technology can greatly enhance student learning, especially across emerging styles of learning.

I like the idea of moving away from PowerPoints to new applications for student learning.  With so many apps it is quite overwhelming.  I don't quite understand the slide share concept as at my college we use blackboard and PowerPoints are accessible before class and after for students to review.

Sign In to comment