Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning about the different technologies to bring to the classroom is a great idea.  Currently, we do not adapt to social media applications at this time.  In our blackboard we can set up discussion blogs for students to post comments or video conference for online learning.

Like various active learning strategies, different forms of technology are tools which can help in the classroom. Not every one is right for every situation, and we can't expect to accomplish everything with one piece of technology. Use the tool, but be careful with the tool. 

By knowing and using technology, we are showing our students that we are also engaged in learning. The ability to speak to them in this language is beneficial to our interpersonal communications with them.

Managing, sharing, and organizing information are essential skills for students to develop in the digital age. With an overwhelming amount of information available on the internet, students need to know how to find, evaluate, and use information effectively and responsibly.

All of these new tools for online sharing of information and documents will lead to student being better equipped to be successful in their courses. 

Comment on Priscilla Johnson's post:I agree with you Priscilla. Since the pandemic students have been more engaged online and we need to channel these new skills into the classroom and focus them on learning.

It is difficult to keep up with all of the new forums, apps, technologies,etc. and finding what works and what doesn't work. There may not be a long learning curve but it requires a commitment none the less.

Part of the difficulty with technology is that quite often you commit many hours or days learning an app only to find that it does not have all of the functionality that you require.

There is a lot of technology available and it is important to find right one to work for you and your students.

All the new technology is great for the millennial learners...but older adults that are not accustomed to it need to be taken into consideration also

Technology in classroom is becoming the new "normal" classroom. It's like pen and paper are chisel and stone.

There are many technologies available that can be implemented in the classroom to facilitate learning and keep students engaged.

Comment on James Clapp's post

The reason is that it is better to have everything in the clouds, it is more practical and the information is not lost.

Virtual tools are just that, tools and they help the "craftsman" do his work, the tools have to be organized with the criteria of the one who guides the learning

Since all my classes are taught online, it is crucial I understand the technology in order to teach my classes. 

There are many different resources available beyond powerpoint for sharing information with students. Some can be used to store slides so students can review the material at a later time.

I am excited about the possiblities using the technology we have available, but it can be somewhat overwelling at times. I do see the benefits to our students when properly used.

I enjoyed learning about the different options and apps that students can use and that I can input my PowerPoint slides in without having to redo entire lectures. 

It is useful for technology to enhance student learning. 

I learned that having a LMS allows students to have access to course information at whatever time is available for them. Also, as an instructor having all of your files stored on a cloud server gives you the ability to access the data from any computer anywhere.

Sign In to comment