Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Slide Share is totally new to me but sounds like a great resource to use. 

The current generation has been involved with technology their whole lives.  It only makes sense that we keep learning seamless and in the same format they are comfortable with to maximize retention of information.

Comment on matthew watkins's post: So true, simply using a slide show format to bring another angle to a subject could make a big difference.

I am very interested in bringing  bloging and vlogging to the classroom, to help solidifiy the knowledge that gets taught in class every day.

As a matter of fact, I introduce my students to a list of blogs and vlogs that directly pertain to the current studies in my class.  From the students that take a strong intrest in them. I always see positive results.

It is such a great tool for students to have to help them succeed. 

I've learned to think about switching from a teacher centered approach, to a student centered approach. Where students are at the center of technology based learning.

I am very impressed I was unaware of all of the resources for presentations that are available for use, and I will definitely explore all of the ones mentioned. Coming from bedside care to educator I struggle with presentations that have been basically power point presentations that do not seem to connect with the student.

Using current forms of media will keep students more engaged and involved with classwork. 

Sign In to comment