Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It takes facing actualy dilemas and life situations to practice making judgments. The goal is for students to become autonomous learners w/inquisitive minds.

Critical thinking is extremely important for working in the field. 

Critical thinking is used in the classroom and everyday living. Encouraging students to brainstorm during class. Helps to build their skills and motivation. Enhancings their critical thinking skills for everyday use.

Critical thinking sets a student up for success in class and lifetime experiences.

Encouraging students to ask good questions is important in developing critical thinking skills. 

Everyone at one point or another has encountered critical swift thinking in their life, or in their profession, soft skills, or practial skills, it is very important in most profession to know how to trouble shoot effectively, sports, medical, legal, child rearing, instructual setting, ect.

I learned that every teacher needs to have confidence, not only in themselves but in their students and their colleagues as well. A confident person inspires others to be confident, and a teacher’s confidence can help influence others to be better people.

Critical thinking is very important for students in todays workplace

Each student has an ability to be creative so having an environment that is conducive to creativity , while encouraging critical thinking can burst into an engaging classroom.

Critical thinking is crucial, and instructors can help develop this skill in students via various methods.

Student driven case studies can be used to help build critical thinking skills. 

Evaluating and asking the right questions is vital 

Increasing their use & complexity of critical thinking will assist them when they get their first nursing job.

Good review.

Teaching needs to include soft skills, attitudes and social competencies. Guiding students in self-management is very important. Teachers should help students grow to become self-directed learners which enables the students to become autonomous learners with inquisitive minds. Critical thinking is hard but I always tell my students to think “WHY”. Although there are methods to foster creativity in teaching, it is still difficult to help every student to critical thinking.

One important way to develop critical thinking in students is to teach them how to ask good questions 

I have learned that it is esseential to teach critical thinking to my students and to foster an environment that allows that process to develop

Good questions are enhanced with writing with clear purpose.

Comment on Michael White's post: Encouraging flexibility of thinking would lead to innovation in solving problems.

Critical thinking is an ongoing developmental skill needed to provide best-practice nursing care.

Sign In to comment