Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are 4 different styles of classroom management. 

I learned the 4 instructor management styles.  I honestly believe I am more of a "guide" now because of my experience.  I am determined to make some positive changes in time management, though.

Learning about the 4 classroom management styles is so important and even if the guide style is the most desirable, it was realistic to understand how you can shift slightly towards the controller or the buddy if needed for certain situations

I learned about the 4 styles of managment and how to conduct a classroom of adults

I learned about the different management styles and some of the do's and don'ts of successful classroom managment. 

Great tips that I'll be using for my classes!

I learned the 4 types of classroom management & which I am, the closest to, & which is the best to be:

1. The controller
  2. The guide  
  3. The buddy
  4. The Apathete

I thought being the "Buddy" type was the best as I felt it made me relatable with the students; however, I now see that is not the issue and will be working towards becoming a Guide.

I learned about the 4 types of classroom management, and how to enhance certain aspects to improve my own style.

Learned about the 4 teaching styles. I think I gravitate towards the guide, but can also see myself as the controller. It depends on what I am teaching about and the classroom dynamics.

I have learned what kind of structure of classroom I will like to have. I would like to make clear objectives for my students early on that help them stay on a pathway. I alwso want to have everything planned specifically and have more activities rather than less to fill the time slot. 

I understand the different types of leadership and am excited to try out the different methods to see what will work best for me. 

I like the proactive classroom response. There will be problems, see if you can address it before it becomes an issue

I learned about the different teaching styles and what kind of instructor I am. I feel I possess Guide qualities, although I exhibit a bit of controller or buddy traits depending on the situation. The apathetic instructor does not possess qualities that promote student growth. 

I learned that the preferred management style is a combination of the controller and the buddy styles that equate to the guide style of management. 

Classroom management is important!

Excellent road map to further build on ones approaches to classroom management. Reinforces the positives and identifies the negeitives adequately. 

I learned more about my own classroom approach and techniques I can use to beome more of a "Guide" as an Instructor. There was some genuinely good information and guidance in this lesson.

I learned that there are typically 4 types of teachers; each with positive and negative characteristics. The ideal teacher would be what the module refers to as 'The Guide'. This type of teacher has most excellant classroom management skills. They are also sensitive to their students needs, interactive, and prepared. 

Il learned that my style of teaching so far in my career has been 'The Buddy', with aspects of 'The Guide'. After learning about the types of teachers I'm now motivated to exhibit more traits of 'The Guide', while still retaining the positive characeristics of 'The Buddy'.

Reply to Michael Howe's post:I, too, feel like a guide with buddy attributes. I need to work on varying my style to suit my class. These last two semesters, I had a growing number of volatile and outgoing personalities. Sometimes I need to shift between guide, buddy and controller at a moments' notice. Very challenging, to say the least.

I already implement some of these strategies, but I appreciated the resources for giving constructive or encouraging feedback to the class.

I learned that in addition to there being 4 main teaching styles, the style may change as the needsof the class/students change

Sign In to comment