Going over the syllabus and setting requirements and expectations is a must. Always find a common ground with students and be approachable. Show your human side by sharing common experiences.
I make it a point to go over my grading policies, as well as provide multiple examples. I want the students to understand just how much each assignment & their professionalism grades will impact their overall final grade.
I always begin class by greeting my students, once they are all ready to go I have a ice breaker with them and make sure everyone is comfortbale in the classroom. I introduce myself and go over grading, assignments, etc.
First day of class we cover syllabus, use this also for letting students know there will be no rewards for late assignments, and as semester goes give reminders of due dates.
I've learned that even adults do not pay attention to deadlines and will push the rules and request you to bend them at times. setting clear expectations upfront is important.
A clear message and understanable wording makes all the diiferance in a students mindand the affects are incredible.
The true measure os a student seccess is how well students are prepaired to accomplish goals.
I do understand students do rely on our help when completing assignments to a point we must and should assist , comprehension is a key in where many students fail We have to assure that we listen when they ask for our assistance give them that security feeling they will not fail.
Icebreaker work when you have a whole new class. When you have the same group of students Mod after Mod cant really do them anymore.
Posting deadlines in multiple places as reminders is a great idea. Gives the student zero chance for excuses.
I will Have due dates on my syllubus and on the board,
I will begin to repeat the due date early in the week.
Making expectations clear at the start of the course will help avoid misunderstandings and complictaions. The syllabus is the source of truth where clear guidelines for students are written.
Be a role model to the students and set your expectations up front with due dates and assignments.
Great concrete examples on how to phrase and enforce classroom rules
It makes me know that I will have students with problems and we will both be on the same page of when assignments are due and if not what the penalites will be which is 10% if the assignment is late.
This offered great ideas and loved the feed back from everyone.
I learned about the icebreaker put it into play in my class. And also learned about the colored lettering and different bolt lettering
The use of the syllabus to make sure assignment due dates are followed. Having students work in groups also allows them to open up about any problems that have to do with our discussions.
SETTING CLEAR DEADLINES AND REMINDERS WHEN THINGS ARE DUE IN TRIPLICATE CAN BE VERY HELPFUL