Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I was off a little bit so this made me look at things a little differently about highlighting syllabus and perhaps adding teamwork to each class.

It is important to hold a solid line for adult learners to hand in work on time. Highlighting the fact that they are training for real world workforces. It is also important to ensure no one can say they are not aware of due dates. 

I too remember asking the same questions and getting good answers.

I have learned some very interesting things so far. I like the "what's in it for me?" idea. It will take extra time on my part to incorporate this into each class. I understand the importance of the syllabus, but I like the comment of uses boxes and color and font to draw attention to important points. I like the paper airplane exercise to use at the beginning of the year. I loved the Harvard instructors' comments about how she gets someone talking and directs them and continues until they feel like they are smart and encouraged to speak even when they do not all of the answers. I would love to be able to do that in my classes. The man from Harvard also gave excellent points that I have not heard before. I want to emphasize the difference between expectations and rules.

I want to facilitate the students to be able to have conversation and  challenge their own selves and even challenge me so I can further explain and engage them in my experiences I can share

I have learned that it is important that the students know what is expected of them in class.  Additionally I need to always have an ice breaker. The ice breaker will allow students to learn about teamwork.

Using the syllabus you can clearly lay out due dates and expectations for the course. team building helps break the ice on the first day of class.

I am new to instructing but I feel like I have laid out these expectations with work and so fourth. I definitely saw how to engage students to know exactly what the session offers and what they are required to do. I love organization so I hope the students I do have will enjoy how I like things front and center.

Explain to the students the basis for evaluation and explain course procedures. Set expectations for missed and late assignments

While creating my syllabus I will include information such as grading rubrics, grading categories, course description and a breakdown of the course. I will also incorporate colors and symbols into my syllabus to keep student attention to read it thoroughly and not skim over.

In this section I learned of new ways in which to deal with late work. I will be looking into creating a class calendar for assignments and other important dates for class

Sign In to comment