Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I loved diving into career portfolios vs resumes and the shift in building a digital live document that portrays who you are. Also the evolution of badges was something different to think about. I definitely remember the hard work and pride that went into Girl Scout badges when I was a kid. There individual meaning, getting one passed off, being given the physical badge and then having it sewn on to "show off". I would love to find ways to incorporate digital badges. To be honest I love when I earn my fitness badges so the concept is still very alive. 

To celebrate and encourage their successes, as well as promoting autonomy in the class setting and relating the content back to real life

Celebrating success is so important.

Allowing students to organize and partake in a community event can allow them to build confidence in their skills while giving back to others

During this module, I have learned that it is essential for students to take responsibility for their learning. This teaches them time management and good decision-making skills. These skills will be essential in their future careers. I plan on using this information during my project base learning assignments. If a student solves a real-world problem, they are more dedicated to their learning and more empowered. 

Students need to be involved in real-world and relevant learning models. Allow students to work together to brainstorm, strategize, act, and evaluate.

I feel that having students work toward their goals in the classroom through mastery of the content is an awarding experience that can help build confidence within the students.

Celebrating the successes of students and rewarding them with digital badges which would assist them in building an interesting portfolio .

The value of a portfolio.

The value in badges as students work towards their degree; badges show experience.

The value of badges was highlighted in the material covered in this section. Badges show employers a range of candidate’s experience and skills. Badges can help employers determine the best fit of potential employees. 

I like the idea of career portfolios because they are versatile and can be molded to fit different job applications. I agree that it also increases confidence in students once they look back at all they have accomplished.

Problem-based learning and inquiry learning structures give students freedom to learn and make their own learning decisions. This can be enhanced by authentically giving context to the problem in the local community.

the importance of a career portfolio

Creating opportunities for students to create portfolios can empower students, increase their motivation and engagement in the coursework, and also better prepare them for employability. 

Creating a career portfolio and acquiring digital badges ensures students can show off their achievement in the real-world.

Conover online platform provides an opportunity for badging in many areas

Engaging students in the material being taught means showing them how they will be able to use this material out in the real world, and by extension teaching students to incorporate their learning into their professional profile

I love the idea of using digital skill badges and building career portfolio's .  I will most certainly adopt this important tool for providing evidence to the prospective employer and the student themselves of academic achievements and professional growth.  I also like the idea of creating a personal management plan; again, showing students their progress and success to keep motivation and perseverance high.

an awesome portfolio can sell all their abilities.

Sign In to comment