Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I enjoy active learning and always try to implement this in class.

It is ok to use your own ideas for active learning and do not be afraid of what other instructors may say.

I enjoy combining lecture with discussion and role play. It's not only engaging and fun for the students, but also for me.

There are multiple considerations when engaging students in active learning. 

I like the idea of starting slowly and implementing more and more as we go. This will be new to me but I have done some active learning activities in the past that have been very helpful and do not require hi cost of items.

an example for me of active learning was to cover the primal cuts of Beef, Veal, Pork and lamb. By dividing my students into groups I had each group draw the animal, name the primals,subrimals and give percentages of body weight. Then describe what the primals could be used for in cooking. Students have always loved this 

Active learning is important for students as it keeps them engaged and present. This module was helpful in thinking of implementation. 

Students are more engaged because they are getting some control over the learning process

Active learning is very useful as long as the instructor takes the time to set up the goals for each lesson

Active learning is useful when you establish objectives

Active learning truly is the most time efficient way to convey and absorb information.  This presentation gave great tips on how to handle resistance to change.

Active learning proccess can improve student learning ability by having them actively participate while gaining knowledge of the topic presented.

I incorporate active learning activilties into my course which helps the student to critically  and anatalyically think throughout their learning process.

It is important for instructors to stay on task.

Active learning is more enjoyable especially if you are incorporating various learning styles.  It gives students some control over their learning.

I like to frequently ask questions and facilitate discussions in the classroom.  This helps me to know if students are grasping the concepts and information.  In addition, by giving them case studies to practice applying the information helps to develop critical thinking.

I really like the statments how active learning benifit adult students. From my experince this type of learning truly benefit both the instuctor and the students .

This lesson was very helpful with providing solutions

It makes sense that active learning is an appropriate learning strategy for adult learners. I will continue to incorporate class activities such as small group discussions and brainstorming into lecture to promote active learning.  

I have learned from this lesson that if I do low-risk activities I will feel more comfortable about active learning and it will aid in the retention of information for my students. 

Active learning may be harder to implement initially though when it takes off this format will engage the adult learning and help make connectiosn to the content.

Active learning get both the student and teachers involve in the learning process, 

Can you all share some interestng learning activies that you have used in the past.

Thanks 

Sign In to comment