Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Planning Impactful Lessons | Origin: ED125

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Effective and Efficient Instructional Strategies --> Planning Impactful Lessons

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have come to learn over the short couple of years that I have been an instructor that having impactful lessons developed and integrated has grealty improved the engavement of the students in the classroom and the lab. 

This has been the most motivating and informative lesson that I have learned so far. I look forward to putting these teachings into practice in the very near future.

Engaging your students with educational discussion is just as important as giving assignments, regardless of grading. This section brings up a good point....don’t assign work simply for the sake of keeping the student busy! An ungraded discussion recapping daily events may be more beneficial than two chapters of homework.

I liked the strategy of having effective opening activities...the list 5, sentence stems and resumes/business cards....it is a great way to begin the day. I learned about guided discussions and ending with an inspirational and organized review of the material. All said I will be practicing.....

Not quite sure a teacher needs to be riminded to start teaching day one. Students should expect to start off with education. Not every course is sparkling for motivation. You need to dig deep to motivated some. A creative way for math is a number crossword puzzle. Make one and challenge students to make their own. The less motivated will make it small and easy with addition and subtraction. The highly motivated will have longer numbers using exponents and square roots.

Lessons plans that are well planned out should always have extra material available because we teach students that have different levels of knowledge. In order to keep students engaged and returning on time they need a reason. Students will tend to miss class when they know the instructor is only going to lecture and call it a night.

I always try to start the class with my own way of making my students feel welcome and appreciated at the beginning of each class meeting. This is where I set the tone for learning.

I always try to start the class with my own way of making my students feel welcome and appreciated at the beginning of each class meeting. This is where I set the tone for learning.

Planning and setting the tone at the beginning of the lecture

Seth Soronnadi

That it is; "......importantly, students need to be excited about the next learning experience."

Starting the class with positivity and lots of energy and above all excitement, letting the student know that we care about their education, making sure we have planned our day accordingly, giving meaningful assignment, not just to keep them busy, making sure they comprehend the material before moving on to the next topic.

Starting class with objectives and class activities will make the class more interesting and will flow smoother for students. Also, closing the class/lecture by reviewing what we learned will help students retain the information longer.

One of the best ways to help students learn is to keep them engaged. Putting in time and effort when they take ownership of the assignments.

This Lesson provides a good deal of valuable ideas that when put into practice will greatly improve students engagement and learning. Very insightful!

I learned how to actively engage students while helping them with their learning process. 

Having a well-thought out and structured lesson plan with engaging activities and clear objectives from start to finish will increase student participation, motivation, and learning.

The end of class students need to be able to have comprhended the laterial they just learned I must have a inspiritartional way to engage them at the end of class 

By actively engageing the Student At the begining of Class and providing them with a positive attitude   

engage with students, learn there names and always have a positive attitude.

Sign In to comment