Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are four major learning styles. By incorporating a variety of teaching modalities, the activities are more likely to meet the needs of each of the learners.

Pre Assessment of learning styles can aid in new concepts presented. 

To promote more effective teaching, it is best to utilize and blend various teaching styles so that the students with various preferred learning styles gain the knowledge. 

Using different teaching styles in your classroom , helps to more effectively reach all students that gather their education and understanding and you can adjust how you teach to improve their ability to grasp needed knowledge

Understanding different learning styles, helps us teach material that is understood by more students

There are numerous both teaching and learning styles. By using variety of teaching styles  one will be meeting100 percent of the learning styles represented at one time or another.

I teach Research and Evidence-Based Practice Courses. This module has shown me that incorporating a workflow design for difficult concepts validates helping a visual and written learner understand a process but does not help the auditory and kinesthetic learner.  I still work in clinical practice and will keep these 4 major learning styles in mind with educating patients and family also.

It is good to use a variety of strategies in teaching that will meet the needs of the different ways in which students learn. I think I am mindful in doing this.

I learned that low performing students can improve their scores by 10-15% when learning in their domininant learning style. I also want to use the magnet activity that was given as an example by the veteran instructor named Mev. I will come up with a plan to assess the learning styles in my course such as a VARK assessment on the first day of school

Not everyone has the same learning style and it is important to incorporate all learning styles into teaching. It is important to be aware of my own learning style so I do not rely on that modality simply because it is what I prefer. 

I have learned that there are different learning styles and incorporating them all into my teaching when possible will help students learn the material.

Having multiple different ways to teach with different learning styles is important so I can figure out what each class does best with and adapt as we go through the course. The study tips with movement will be great to pass onto my students as well. 

It is important to be ware that each student learns at their own pace and style. 

It is important to recognize the different learning styles of students and to incorporate opportunities for different styles into the lesson

By understanding that students have different learning styles, using this information to incorporate a variety of tools will enhance learning.

Using a combination of tools to enhance learning will be the most effective learning environment for all students.

I usually have my students take a learning style quiz at the beginning of each semester, which helps both the students and myself understand our needs.  As an instructor, this information is important to know.  I'm sure it will get easier to pivot and cater to different styles with more experience. 

It is important to utilize different learning styles so each student can retain the knowledge in their own way. This will ensure students are more successful and will improve retention.

Not all students learn in the same manner.  Developing a curriculum that addresses the needs of all learning styles will require the "out of the box" creative method to address the needs of all learning styles.  This can be achieved by learning all the styles and incorporating them into the curriculum.  Testing students for particular learning styles is just one way to address this problem.

A variety of learning styles can be used to reach many, many different students

Sign In to comment