Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Other staff

I have found that our co-workers are a wealth of knowledge for us and the students....there are just some things you do not know, unless you ask!

financial assistance

These rules and regulations are becoming more and more important in our work.....I am sure as time goes by we are going to have more and more changes to this part of our enrollment process also......thank goodness for the financial services department

Very Informative!

This was a good refresh on information we learned awhile ago.....It's good we revisit this stuff!

How do you get a new/unique program approved for marketing?

If you have a great new idea on how to market your college for leads, how do you go about getting it approved?

Understanding Your Institution

It is important to understand your institution for severla reasons. For one, having a comprehensive understanding of your institution's academic programs, career services, financial aid, and placement opportunities makes the prospective student more confident in you as their admissions representative. If that student has numerous questions about their program and/or career services and you can't answer them, then as an agent for the school, you do not inspire much confidence or enthusiasm. Also, understanding your institution helps you as the admissions rep understand the importance of your role in the process and allows you to be a support system for… >>>

Resource Notebook

The Resource Notebook is a great way to keep all important documents organized and on-hand. It's a great resource to answer questions that students and parents may have and a great way to ensure that accurate information is always given.

Graduation!

While it may not be mandatory for all college personnel to attend, I think it's a great idea to do so. It sends a great message to the students that you care, even if one of YOUR students aren't graduating at the time.

Transfer of credits

This is very important for admissions representative to know their schools policy towards transfer of credits to another institution. Make sure your representatives and not misleading the students concerning this issue and they know exact information about transfer of credits.

Student "Services"

Student services is a benefit for our student and admissions representatives need to make sure all students are completely aware of all of the services the school offers to help the student throughout their education. A good way to make sure the student understands these services is to introduce them to each department to get a better understanding.

Enrollment Agreement

Make sure enrollment is filled out completely and the student understands and signs the agreement. Make sure to give a copy to the student for their file. Enrollment agreements must contain certain information on them.

marketing

Since the school does most of the marketing. what are some new ways to acquire leads.

new leads

how frequently do u call a new lead on the first day it is given.

Referrals

Other than asking potential students what are other creative ways to get referrals from already enrolled students

Staying up to date and compliant

Staying up to date and compliant is important and reminds us all to continue good business practice.

Knowing your school

At my school of employment, it is very important to understand what you offer. During my training period, I learn the requirements of each program and all the information necessary to gain full knowledge of the programs. We also emphasize TEAM. It is very important to work together and know the role of each department as you try to enroll students. We offer a career development department with their responsibilities consistings of placement, resumes, and interviews. We advertise by radio, television, internet, and facebook as well which has helped us generate leads.

How do accurately present to incoming students admissions information

How do other admissions representatives share information with prospective students? Any winning strategies/tips?

Managing Student Inquiries

How does your school manage student inquiries regarding their programs?

Retention/Placement rates?

How often are these rates required to be updated for prospective student knowledge?

enrollment agreement

What if a HS student has applied and enrolled in 2 other schools prior to yours, excepted by your school then cancels after the 5day period but before the first day of class?

teachers having certification

I must of missed where the teachers didn't need to me approved by the state in the same way the reps are. Why is this