Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Organizational Development Planning | Origin: OP105

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Developing a Five-year Plan for Your Educational Institution --> Organizational Development Planning

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Student Services Planning | Origin: OP105

Developing a Five-year Plan for Your Educational Institution --> Student Services Planning

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Basic Planning & Initial Steps for a Five-year Plan | Origin: OP105

Developing a Five-year Plan for Your Educational Institution --> Basic Planning & Initial Steps for a Five-year Plan

Student Services

Student Service is my passion and the reason why I enrolled in this program.

This module reinforced my beliefs about what student services should encompass to promote student success.

Five Year Plans

Does anyone have a good example of  a five year plan their department or institution has implemented.

We are going into year four of our restructured department.  We have some great talent and I am excited to see what we can come up.

Corrective actions

Does corrective actions always focus on the instructor?

Not for online institutions

This course is not for an online institution, I don't find anything that can be useful for online. 

Advisory Boards

I have difficulty getting board members.  What are good strategies to recruit board members?

Hiring the right person

Often times, an applicant will wow you in the interview process. However, that can change once they are hired. I find many to be a bit lacksadasial, without any OOMPH or pizzazz like you saw in the interview process. They seem to do the bare minimum to "get the job done".

What else can be done in the interview process to be sure you don't hire people like this?

Length of new hire orientation

Does most schools have a set time length orientation?

Appearance

How much do you weigh decision of a candidate on appearance?

Recruitment under a budget

What are some less costly and less time efficient?

Marketing and Budget Planning

Our staff has identified how to achieve best goals and planning other type of strategies of marketing. Our Admission Department is excellent and each day bring more students to our school. We are proud about this department and their members and their success.

Library

Our school has implemented many Learning resources to help our students in the learning process. We are sure that they have the opportunity to participate in the forum with more dedication and the intervention of our Librarian Director.

Placement Services

I consider that Placement Services is the most important service that school has to offer to our students. Students need to be more confident to get better job opportunities. Our Placement team has to develop many initiatives to develop Workshop and presentations to help our student in regard this important matter for them.

questionnaire vs interview

Would picking each of these survey types over the other depend mostly in a situation, venue, or audience?

Group orientation

Group orientation is not always the best choice, especially when you hire instructors for different programs.

Changes in techniques

As a result of this module I will let the applicant talk more than I did before.

Recruitment

Most of my instructors were recommended by employees who had worked at other schools and knew of very good but unhappy instructors.

Instructor's Experience

In hiring a new Instructor for the Massage Therapist program I look for someone who has a minimum of three years experience working as a licensed Massage Therapist either in a Chiropractor's office, in a Day or Medical Spa or was self-employed as a licensed Massage Therapist for at least three years.