Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Recruitment

Most of my instructors were recommended by employees who had worked at other schools and knew of very good but unhappy instructors.

My instructors, where former students of mine. I have make sure they have gone out to the world and gotten the experience that is necessary to teach someone. After 3yrs they come by and see me , I give some the opportunity to be or should i say start as assistants and then move them up as instructors, once they have learned to be great teachers.....

Thomas,

What, in your opinion, makes an instructor great?

Jeffrey Schillinger

Someone that can make a difference for a student,in many possible ways,that would push my students to become greater then what they are,show them that they have more than just potential,where my student can come back and say thanks cause of you I made a big difference in my life.An instructor that loves what he/she does is a great instructor.

Thomas,

Loving what one does is important, but so is good instructional methodology. What works best for you?

Jeffrey Schillinger

Most of my Instructors are formal graduates from our school. They have to have 3 or more experience in the field of skin/massage and they need to be licensed for more than 3 years.

Karina,

There is a school of thought that too many teachers from the same institution makes it difficult for the school to find new / alternative ways to do things. How do you respond to this position?

Jeffrey Schillinger

Sign In to comment