Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

When faced with a big problem that has no simple solution

I think addressing all issues is best, this bring you to the ideal solution and the cause of the problem.

Problem Solving

When I find myself faced with problems I choose to write about them. That way I can see exactly how I precieve the problem and what started the problem. From there I can start a plan on how to redirect the problem into something I can manage.

Creativity activities

Super good ideas, thanks for the free training.

Problem solving

Who should be involved

Great Ideas....

This is a great tutorial. It shows differing processes to help those who are more "right-brained" to generate ideas. By doing this, you can think outside the box and possibly find a viable solution.

Great tutorial.

This was a great tutorial! It was well written and thorough. I gave it the highest rating.

When the meeting facilitator is the problem...

An effective meeting is largely dependent upon an organized facilitator. What do you do as a participant when the facilitator is not guiding the process effectively?

Problem Analysis

In order to completely understand a particular area that has become a problem, you need to make sure you have all necessary facts regarding the issue, then breaking down the problem for analysis would be easier. By: Stacey Lester

Problem Analysis

In order to completely understand a particular area that has become a problem, you need to make sure you have all necessary facts regarding the issue, then breaking down the problem for analysis would be easier.

Problem solving ideas

I find that groups help in a departments ability to solve problems. I like to work s a team, this make all feel like they have a say in the department. If the department is close, have the same agenda and focus, there is more harmony. To facilitate this the leader must be interactive with his employees, and not sit back to see what happens, this will cause more problems then needed. On occasions the leader does need to take an effective lead in tyhe department by setting the goals, guidelines, and due dates, and if problems do arise, beinf… >>>

Problem Solving and overcommunicating

I love the term "over-communicating" In a way it is when a person is stuck in the disseminating information mode and reluctant to step back into the observer's shoes. After reading about this I thought about its relevance to the subject of critical thinking and applied problem solving. Sometimes there is not a problem just too much unsorted information!

External forces

It becomes increasingly difficult to manage corporate strategies in the wake of extensive external forces we must address. Today, the economy, job rates, homeland security, war, politics and individual survival weigh heavy on every employee's mind. We all come to work concerned about ourselves, our families and our futures. Employees remain under high stress levels every day. Trying to help employees focus on a corporate strategy can seem so far removed from where their mind is at in the midst of all this turmoil. A company can be wise to address the emotional aspects impacting employees during this process and… >>>

Decision making

I am a very impulsive person and I have found that making rash decisons have often lead to bad results. It is much better to not jump into a decision and wait until you have as much information as you can before deciding what to do.

Group Problem Solving

I should have checked Max Knowledge out first. We just completed critical thinking skills and group problem solving at school. This would have given me an advantage.

Problem solving

Very resourceful. This will be very helpful handling problems at any workplace.

Motivating your team to be creative

I've been with the company for over a year and my team at that time was very dynamic, creative, and enthusiastic. Due to restraints in time, pressure, changes, etc, they have become robots without many ideas, suggestions or innovation. When you feel stuck in a rut, how can you get your team out of it and back on track?

practice in the classroom

They say practice makes perfect, so I think I might try throwing out different situations in class to give the students (and myself) some time to practice their problem-solving skills.

Encouraging innovation and free thinking

When able to allow group projects, encouraging innovation and free thinking is a good way to get things started, finding multiple points of view to work with, even ideas that are "outside the box" are helpful, varying points of view help every one get a better look at the problem and possible solutions.

Group Meetings

The material over group meetings was interesting and may be quite useful. I am in meetings all the time with staff and outside vendors where problem resolution is a common topic.

Role

Make sure someone is assigned as a scribe. This allows all involved to think freely, as they are assured the scribe is writing down all the key points of their new ideas.