Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Problem Solving

When I find myself faced with problems I choose to write about them. That way I can see exactly how I precieve the problem and what started the problem. From there I can start a plan on how to redirect the problem into something I can manage.

Ashley, that is great advice. I always just walk away or take a break from my issue. Putting myself in a different environment is usually what I do to clear my thoughts and to start over with a new strategy. I will try your idea thank you.

I find that asking the "experts" and doing additional research to define a problem helps me to brainstorm and think of additional ways to solve a problem. I think gathering both objective and subjective data helps in this process.

Taking a break from the problem and readdressing it later helps me to relook the strategy. Asking others when they are avalable also helps. Thanks for the suggestion of writing the problem down and looking at it from another perspective; I will try it.

Great idea!

I think these are all great ideas. Walking away and clearing your head, will be helpfull to some. And also writting it down to see it on paper, for hte visual learners. really good ideas! :)

I also find that by writing down the problem, walking away for a bit and then reading what I have written helps me to re-focus and then writing down the probable solutions is also helpful

In order to address a problem it is best to do as soon as possible and if I am having difficulty coming up with a fair solution I ask my supervisor for input.

This is great advice, Ashley! I also find that if I talk about the problem out loud, it almost never seems as problematic and the act of discussing it often generates solutions.

I agree, Jennifer. I think talking out a problem can help you see where the root issues lie, and give yourself (or others) a clear perspective of the issue at hand.

I agree. Seeing the details of the problem on paper allows me to take the time to investigate the causes of the problem, rather than coming to rash conclusions.

I like this approach. A long walk on the beach is ideal. But since I have no beach, I settle for a long walk.

Sign In to comment