Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

KPI's

What are the critical metrics that indicate our progress toward strategic goals?
How regularly do we review and adjust our KPIs based on performance?

Embrace Adaptation and Flexibility

What are some ways you are staying adaptive and flexible in your plans?

Innovation

Look to develop new methods to encourage innovated thinking. 

CI104

It is not enough to survive putting out fires; the goal is to thrive (minimize firefighting) and stay ahead of the game. 

CI103

Use multifaceted approach to spark creativity. 

CI102

Consider the type of problem that needs to be solved when devising the plan for resolution.  

CI101

Take multi-faceted approach to problem solve. 

Are you up to the Challenge?

As showcased on the training course, a sound strategy fosters significant structural change, a shift in the way organizations do business. Are you ready to navigate resistance and completely implement a new strategic mindset?

5 Years From Now

I have question that may spark some great conversation:

Imagine it's 5 years from now.  What are your competitors enving the most about your company?  Would love to hear your feedback.

When gathering data to solve a strategic problem, how vast should my scope be?

One of the questions in the final quiz was related to data gathering and analysis. How wide should I cast the net for data analysis? Should I consider other units or departments in gathering and analyzing data?

Strategic Buy in

I would be interested in how others have overcome the obstacles of past strategic initiatives that were not successful or carried out correctly and then getting those same people to be willing to do it again maintaining the openness or optimism we need for strategic thinking to be effective.

Strategic Execution

After strategic thinking and planning, how do we make sure that "strategic execution" is carried out and successful?

Focus

Strategic planning is not a linear sequence of activities

Problem solving group size

Problem solving through brain storming can often lead to bickering and disagreements within a group. It is better to start small, than add others from the organization after certain goals are established. The leaders need to have good interpersonal skills to keep the group focused.

Creating a Culture for Successful Strategic Thinking

Can anyone give me some examples of how you have personally or you may have seen a company create a culture where creative thinking is embraced and questioning is encouraged?

Being creative with creativity????

I found this lesson interesting not because it required me to think creatively but because it made me think about creative thing from a new perspective. Outside the box thinking is fine for an individual who wants to develop a new way of doing a common task for them. Networking the creativity of others into a problem generating and problem solving fabric brings creativity to new levels. As an instructor, I want to bring creative networks and creative thinking into my classroom and see where my students go… Thoughts?

Group Creativity

This was an excellent tutorial. In particularly, I learned a few great concrete strategies for nurturing creativity in a group context. Honoring silence and pushing past it; allowing for wild ideas; no judgements or ridicule; these and other great suggestions have deepened my understanding for how to generate creativity and how to create an environment well suited for it.

planing times

Describe a situation where planning time effectively benefitted you and one of your employees in a situation?

ideas

What is best approach to have employees generate their ideas into a conversation?

group consensus

What kind of projects have you led in which you need to guide a group to reach the right answer?