Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

group projects

What do you find in the roles in group work projects typically?

Building team?

What would be an effective way to build a team for a new department with limited experience in the department heads?

Creative Thinking..

The biggest challenge here is to decide when a conventional or non-conventional approach is needed. Often, a conventional approach will yield an idea that seems good on paper, but when put into practice, it falls flat. The conundrum then becomes..should we stay with the same conventional approach, or should we use a non-conventional approach to solve the problem? The only way to find the solution is to test ideas using both methods, then you will have your answer. I welcome any feedback! Richard--

Problem Solving...most important aspects.

This is a very important topic. One of the most important aspects of RCA is to gather all the relevant information. The task here is to separate FACT from OPINION. Ask the relevant questions: 1. What happened? Provide (or find) the evidence. 2. Who was involved? Provide (or find) the evidence. 3. What effects will result if this problem is not solved--diagram this and provide reference material and relevant data. 4. How soon should we solve this problem? Why? Provide data to support your conclusion. 5. Once the problem is clearly defined, then a solution can be proposed--this also involves… >>>

Good tutorial

Our team has used some of the processes that were outlined in the tutorial. Sometimes we were successful, other times the creative and problem solving processes were flat, generating no real solutions or steps to solutions. this was more of a "buying in" problem than a process problem. It's a very logical process to use the techniques that were listed. Getting input from all of the team can lead to some very creative processes and solutions.

Idea Generation Techniques

Having taught several different techniques in idea generation for Creative Writing classes, I can say that this tutorial is very well structured. I learned a couple new tricks for group idea generation and these will be very helpful to me in a teamwork environment.

Creative Thinking Is Priceless

Coming from a left brain, dominant approach to problem solving, this tutorial greased up my right brain a bit.

C103

Assessment and review was very detailed with coming up with new ideas in the workplace. I learned that not all ideas are bad ideas, because any idea can add to a growing environment.

Creativity

The tutorial is a little simplistic but it's a good starting point.

Creativity

Creativity exercises are helpful for language students as well as the teachers who use them to generate lesson plans or manage a class. Using these exercises can force students to use language in a more fun, relaxed, and conversational way.

Creative Thinking

In mv experience, students respond much more passionately to creative exercises and creative teachers. And when students are passionate about their learning experience, they tend to learn faster.

creativity

Good, terse, entertaining explanations of what it takes to be creative. above all as it pertains to the work environment--at least by analogy. How much of it, however reflects pop psychology and not real science?

Good tutorial

Interesting tutorial, I found it useful

Good Tutorial

simple and easy to understand.

Short and simple tutorial

Overall, this tutorial was short and simple. Great! But I feel that there is more to creative thinking just different activities. It's about creating the atmosphere for comfortable sharing and also modeling for those who are not used to such creative thinking sessions.

Solving Problem

Solving a problem only hear both sides of the problem.

Cultural background and decision making

does a person cultural background has any effect in the decision making process?

Why is there so little discussion?

I find the discussion threads quite useful. First, it is good to hear the opinions of colleagues around the country. It makes me feel less alone as I sit here in front of my computer in the quiet of my office. Second, practical experiences shared by others in similar situations can add clarity to the tutorial. And, third, when a disagreement occurs it can stimulate a vigorous debate, which often results in an increase in critical thinking and a modification of ideas and practices.

Always remember!

I really believe that we should always remember to take the time out before each day and find out something that will make our days pleasant before we even start. Most problems start before people even meet each other.

The creative thinker who is scared to speak.

I have seen in my class room when students start engaging the student that has nothing to say soon has a voice.