Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Pressured

Sorry Jeffery, but I am being pressured into finishing before my next class which starts on Jan. 19th . I would like to take more time with the course, but I will work on time management even after I finishe the course.

what you do can lead others and the wrong direction

i learned alot from this been that im traing to be a csm-costumer service manager at my job right now

Helping faculty set goals

If a department has a faculty base with very little turnover how do you keep them motivated to push toward professional development and wanting to continually develop themselves? What are some good goals for a teacher that has been teaching 5+ years?

Saying "no"

It is very hard for me to say "no" to my family and program director. I feel extremely guilty when I do.

Just Say No Is Sometimes the Right Answer

Often times we are on our jobs and we are overwealmed with tasks and projects. The right thing to do is to know when to say no. There are only 24 hours in a day and everything can't get completed and not everything can't be priority #1. Learning how to respectfully say no to those tasks that can overwealm you is often times the key to keeing your sanity. Any thoughts on this subject?

Working With the Boss That is Never Wrong

How many of you have worked for a manager or boss that always say themselves as Mr. Right and never wrong? How did you adjust to his or her managing style and did you let him or her know that they are not always right?

Awesome Tutorial

I truly enjoyed this tutorial. Often times we need a refresher to keep us on track and remind us about the importance of having good ethics.

under pressure

Personally I can't work under pressure. It really stresses me out. This learning course has tremendously help me to avoid getting stressed out when I do encounter stress.

Show me the money

At the end of the day, aren't the very top goals of all for-profit firms connected to financial performance... be it revenue, improvement on revenue, earnings, etc? Is that a bad thing?

My way of dealing with Stress.......

Stress can affect my day at work. I try to take at least 3- 5 min. breaks a day in-between my usual lunch/dinner breaks. I use this time to think about other things such as music, arts and some quick reading. Works for me.

Priorities

Goal setting is a powerful process for thinking about your ideal future, and for motivating yourself to turn the vision into a reality. The process of setting goals helps you choose where you want to go in life. By knowing what you want to achieve, you know where you have to concentrate your efforts. Keep the distractions that would otherwise lure you from your course. Keep your priorities straight. The unreasonable goal is the goal that is out of reach no matter what resources you have available, Also that you or your employer set it to high for reach.

Under Pressure

Me and all my colleagues are under pressure to perform at a level was never played or achieved before. Manger expectations are so high that I am not sure everyone believes is possible to achieve...time will tell. This could be a positive stress, if we get close to expectations, success will be the end result... if we fail, a burnout feeling will come from the top. You have to play with your heart and soul.

Dealing with demeaning bosses

I have learned that you must first learn how to read your bosses mood before discuss anything. Reality is that sometimes an unimportant issue can raise a conflict (most likely I wasn't able to read the mood) and your boss can end up using a bad selection of words such as "you'll sound like a retard" or "that's so stupid". Most likely I will read that as a personal attack and worsen the situation... after reflecting the issue and being out of the hype of the momentum, I realize that situation could have been easily avoided. Solution: Stay Away! If… >>>

How do you handle unhealthy situation's?

How do you handle unhealthy situations with students, clients or other employee's who do not see it as unhealthy?? Most people cannot see negative or unheathy behaviors in themselves. So how do you bring it to there attention with-out making it worse?

Personal Accountability...

I feel that we should all be personally accountable and responsible for our own actions. This is a great way to lead by example as well. Damion L. Bogus Admissions Representative

Team Building

I strongly believe in team building to relieve stress and to create a positive work environment. Are there any suggestions out there on team building activities that we can implement on a weekly, daily, or monthly basis?

You must be an example

Managers cannot be all talk and no actions. Managers need to lead by example.

Ethics and goal setting

Most typical unethical mistake is lowering standards or saying things you should not say, to meet defined goals... I have seen many times (in previous jobs) managers overseeing the unethical behavior to achieve his own goals. How is possible for the employee and the manager be on the same page specially in an environment of achieving higher goals is required to maintain your job?

Knowledge Sharing

The tutorial is very informative in describing how to treat and work with fellow employees as management team. Hoe to share knowledge to maximize productivity and be more effective and result oriented as a manager and peers. To set standards and follow work ethics. This information is beneficial to all employees in all positions.

Guilty

Well, I am guilty, guilty, guilty. However, it all makes sense. Just this last week my wife had some extra activities she had to do. In order to allow her that time, I took over the late afternoon-early evening playtime with our grandson. What a joy. Tristan and Paw out playing in the sprinkler. I felt better for days for it.