Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

You must be an example

Managers cannot be all talk and no actions. Managers need to lead by example.

I agree, managers must lead by example but the hardest thing for me is to let people preform at a slower rate than would like. It's so easy to do it yourself but you can't. you must guide them to completion.

managers must produce the same quality of work that they expect their employees to produce.

So many times in my jobs I see poor examples set by management. I have seen firsthand how employees take advantage of bad managers to get away with murder on the job - online shopping, personal calls, surfing the net, etc.

Managers are the example. They should lead by example. You can not expect others to follow rules/guidelines of the manager does not. If managers do not follow, the rules/guidelines then the employees will not feel they are important.

I beleave by doing this you are a anoinst person.

This is so true! I also feel you have to have room for mistakes! No one is perfect and I feel sometimes there is no room for mistakes, which makes more stress for the workers. Management should encourage to to the best you can do. Also let workers know that there will be mistakes and that it is okay.

This is true. At the same time though, this is also a result of co-workers not setting a good example. A manager should always be a good example - no questions asked; but so should fellow employees. When A co-worker - just one does something inappropriate at work - it MAY be a sign that the manager set the example. When all of the co-workers are doing the same thing - that means not only does the manager set a bad example and allow the behavior as well - but none of the co-workers set an example or stand up to the impropriety either. That means the entire office is uncontrolled and a business cannot last that way.

Managers just like teachers are under scrutiny all the time. We as leaders need to lead by example. This show we respect out position enough to do what is asked of us. Others see this and follow.

I agree. Authority figures are always under watchful eyes. There is an obligation to follow guidelines/rules and adhere to them, thereby setting an example to others. Guidelines are in place for set structure within an industry.

I agree, I have seen this behavior time and time again and it seems like the only people that don't are the ones that are not paying attention to the manager.

Sign In to comment