Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Stress Reduction

I really enjoyed taking the class. Hopefully it will be something that I can share with the students and use in clinial. CMGaines

stress management

just finished taking the stress management course and it was helpful.  I really like the assessment checklist at the end.  thanks

Great learning resource tool

REally enjoyed taking this course.

Career Management - Time Challenge

I like this fresh take on career development both personally and for reports, but as I see it where does one get the time to manage this as well as do all the work - in an ideal situation this level of career development of reports would be a full time job in itself

Time Management

I just finished the Time Management Max Knowledge course, and eventhough I am not in traditional management, I really enjoyed the course. I already did a lot of the things that I learned about, but it was good review, and I did learn a few new things that I am looking forward to implementing. I downloaded the forms, and I am going to really focus on my time management.

Trying to Set Personal Goals When Your Job Is Being Phased Out, HARD!

As a Chef Instructor I love my job.  I always was trying to better my teaching, culinary skills or character.  As the school is being closed and we are in teach out it is hard to do many of the things I read.  I failed the final on this exam because I was thinking about my current situation instead of the true answers in the text and lectures.  My goals are difficult to find as the job I loved is going away.  I find myself asking many of the same things gone over in the text.  What are my strengths… >>>

school closing

Our campus is closing :(... all things considered I still have faith that this will be the end of something good leading to something better:) I still have day's as I'm sure most do in my position where I worry about my financial future. This creates a small amount of stress that I see as positive stress....

CPE

Mangaing Workplace Challenges

I try very hard to reduce stress and anxiety in my department. I do not deal well with stress and I feel if my staff is given clear expectations from me than they are also less stressed. 

The short training was good

It's show how to handle sitiuation that mananger should take put in place.

Appreciating Your Employees

Just saying thanks can help keep stress out of the workplace. I believe that too often the focus is on productivity and the people who are behind the productivity get forgotten. Just a little gesture like an email or a card of thanks placed in the individual employees mail boxes. These types of gestures can help decrease the employee's stress tremendously.

A challenging Career

I am a manager of two departments, sometimes it can be challenging juggling both. I have to maintain and help out in both. But if I pay more attention to one the other slacks. How can I maintain productivity in both?

Enabling Goals

I've not heard of these and enjoy the concept quite a bit

Goal settings to manager an effective team

Allowing your employees to set their own goals can be a great motivating tool. Giving your employees manageable goals to accomplish can ensure success and growth.

Goals are GREAT!

Goals are very important for a business and individuals. This allows managers and individuals to keep track of their progress. The information discussed was very helpful because it explained the different kind of goals. This was very helpful because some people think goals are general and don't understand the full purpose of them. Describing the different type of goals will help people create better goals.

Workplace Stress Management

Workplace stress can create a very difficult and negative environment to work in. There may be productivity but the level of productivity or the enthusiasm behind the activities may be very negative. I have found that I have to create a balance for myself in adult education. My students and the demands of the job can become overwhelming to the point of thinking about various things on weekends and during vacations. I love education and I don't want to become one of those individuals that dreads their employment. That type of attitude is not productive for the students and they… >>>

Career Management

It is important to want to advance through out your career.

tyler

to be good with your skills

Stress Management

Managing stress is very important because stress has a way of effecting your health as well as your behavior. There are several was that I manage stress in my life. One way is that I pray and mediate. Also, I take scheduled breaks such vacation or just time spent at home. I encourage my students to do the same but make sure that they are scheduled and nothing will be lacking such as classwork.

Taking steps

By following the steps and ideas mentioned in this training, such as prioritizing and eliminating distractions I should be able to be more organized.