Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Lead by Example

I think that active participation of the leader is vital. Leadin by example will tell other members that the leader is passionate in what he/she is doing. This will promote a team spirit and participation. What is your input on this topic?

Beneficial for a New Manager

I found this course to be very beneficial as a newer manager.  The outline and topics are easy to follow.  The scenario based questions were perfect for my current position.

Leadership

I found the scenarios in this section very useful. I really enjoyed the emphasis on delivering a vision to a team. Also, motivating others to do what you want them to is a skill worth mastering and i look forward to working on this. Overall, very informative.

Motivation

I am looking forward to utilizing the motivation techniques with my team. I feel motivation will help us reach our goals for our students and faculty. 

Leadership Styles

After reading through the leadership styles, I found that I use a more democratic approach. However, during certain situations I can alter into another style to fit the task at hand. I realise that many of my counterparts use other leadership styles and this part of class helps me to see how to better work with them or when the best leadership style is appropriate. 

Positive meetings

These are very helpful in conducting meetings.  When I first started, I had a challenge of starting and ending on time.  I have gotten a lot better and I'm sure all these tips will help me be even more effective in meetings. 

Leadership Styles

To have a few different Leadership Styles is very clear to any efficient leader.

What is the purpose of having meeting?

The most influential and essential aspect of working within the team is to promote a great working enviroment. Learning and respecting the team often shows how apparent and how in tune the leader is. A great leader voice is heard through the production of the team I personally believe in working and guiding my team without hestitation. This element has been a great resource in the classroom setting. Learning how to lead by example has been challenging yet rewarding at the same time one have meetings to assure that everyone is on the say playing field. This MaxKnowledge has truly… >>>

Interim Campus Director

I was  appointed the role of  Interim Campus Director and this course as given me so much insight has to how to deal with my staff and the way in which to approach certain employees behavior at work and how to deal with the work environment.

Verification and impact on accrediting

My campus just underwent an accrediting change, so it was interesting to see the change in value of placement.  Our site goals do not change, but my work was not seen as impactful as other departments.  I appreciate the third party verification and have hopes that it can ensure more stability in the CS records that we have.  I think that in addition to work numbers to find those AWOL graduates, it will prove very helpful in finding out where our students are going to work and what steps we can do to strengthen communication with our students once they graduate.

Improving Documentation in Graduate Files

After completing this course, I will now improve the way I take Case Notes in my Student Database.  I will make sure my notes are thorough and not abbreviated. Good notes lead to continuity of service. 

Team Management

This course was very interesting. I think there is a pending issue.

What may I do whena worker is not integrated into the team? If i do everything I can to integrate him/her but it was not posible, is there anything else to do? Would I have to fire him? 

Sometimes it´s very difficult to see where the limit is to preserve that worker.

Preparing for interview - Managerial Post

I have been shortlisted for an interview at Managerial Post level and want to find out how best to prepare for the post.

Regards

Leading and Motivating

This course helped me to fully understand the difference between a manager and a leader. Now I can move forward in my new position and guide my team in the right direction.

When leadership turns into enabling.

Working as a leader of a group of instructors, I do not want to create a an enabling environment. My attitude is if they can't do it, I'll do it myself. Although, this roles motivates my team, and shows them I'm a part of "The Team." I don't' want them to get lackadaisical about their job.

Motivation

Motivation about the subject you teach leader the students to be interesting on the subject.

Employees that are too hard on themselves

In the past I’ve worked with some employees that were too hard on themselves when they would make mistakes. I usually tried to help by downplaying the significance of the mistake as they were often times trivial, but such an approach isn’t appropiate if the mistakes are more serious. What are some of the best practices for these sort of situations?

A motivated team is doubly valuable

All the techniques required to implement motivation and autonomy in a team, must be implemented. A team that has a clear vision and also has the quality to self-regulate, is a team with which you want to work. But this should be constructed specifically by the team leader. It will never get your hands on a team as you dream. A team is a sum of personalities, actions, decisions and building their leader. Hence the importance of being a leader focused on a clearly defined vision

Team sponsors choosing team members for team leaders

I would like to know what is the best way a team leader could address the situation outlined in the material with regard to negative team selection methodology: You'll be leading a new Web site design team, and the team's sponsor has assigned most of the members. Among them is Hugh, the sponsor's right-hand man. Hugh has little knowledge of Web site design, but the sponsor has asked him to report back on two other members whom the sponsor mistrusts. Once the other team members discover Hugh's role as informant, team morale suffers.

Keeping superiors on meeting agenda is challenging.

At times during my meetings, I find that it is difficult to keep my bosses on track and to stay within the time and agenda. Any pointers so I can bring the meeting back to the agenda on time without upsetting them?