Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Student Bio's

I use the student bio's for a class that is a 3 hour course for HRM Procedures students. I need to know what their life experiences are to better manage the class. Less experience will require ground up teaching as opposed to more a less a refresher course.

On Line Teaching

After reviewing this material. I feel there is a higher level of maintenance required for teaching an on-line as opposed to the traditional classroom.

Variations of Evaluations

In looking at the different types of evaluation, which do you think would provide you with the most comprehensive feedback that would allow you to close the loop?

Variations of Evaluations

In looking at the different types of evaluation, which do you think would provide you with the most comprehensive feedback that would allow you to close the loop?

Developing Meaningful Feedback

When developing meaningful feedback for assignments/projects integrated into your own online course, what do you believe are the three most important things to remember?

Developing Meaningful Feedback

When developing meaningful feedback for assignments/projects integrated into your own online course, what do you believe are the three most important things to remember?

Teaching Online Course

When teaching your own online course, what do you believe are the three most important things to consider?

Teaching Online Course

When teaching your own online course, what do you believe are the three most important things to consider?

Authoring Online Course

When authoring your own online course, what do you believe are the three most important things to consider?

Authoring Online Course

When authoring your own online course, what do you believe are the three most important things to consider?

Interaction

I think it is alot of help to add activities for important info within the moduels.

Grammar and punctuation

What is a good strategy to encourage a student's proper use of grammar and punctuation in the forum setting? I have been trying to give effective feedback in my responses, but the bad habits continue. Docking points does not seem to have much of an effect on their performance either. Any comments would be appreciated.

on line cheating

I would perfer to think if a student signed up for a class they would be interested enough to complete the class on their own. Would I encourage some one that was having a difficult time to seek out some one else in the class for help or tutoring ? absolutely I generally take people at their word. Maybe this is a flaw in my way of thinking. I would rather see what I can do to help a student than try and catch some one cheating. I think what I want to say is I must have not taught… >>>

Plagiarism - Do students know the full meaning?

I have found that many students do not realize when they are plagiarizing because they have not been made aware of the many situations they put themselves in with research and writing. Are your students aware of these various implications?

Managing time

It is important that the instructor should keep checking his or her email now and then, and shold set up adefinite schedule for the students for their assignments. Alas

responsibility to teach online courses

I think the responsibility to teach online corses is very critical one. The instructor should possess the quality of authority, close relationship with the student and the presense of the teacher at all times. Alas

Picking the appropriate virtual office hours?

What is the best way to pick these hours?

Tips for understanding online student expectations

#1 Ask a series of questions (gentle probing) to get them to talk. Some students do not like to participate, even online. Some just want to listen. So how do we get more students to participate in the live chat discussion so we can get to know them. Some students will participate if you ask them to sent their questions via an email for discussion during the live chats. #2 - Another problem is many students do not read text books, course materials and etc. At best they just scan the information. How many times have we heard a student… >>>

Student skill levels necessary for college success

Question? What is the skill level necessary for college success? I teach 5.5 week accelerated leadership courses, project management courses and computer courses. Most of the students understand the course platform, they understand how to navigate it, and most of them understand the instructions for how to complete the assignment and do a great job with the assignments. But every now and then there is a student was obviously adding more basic level than the other students. In most cases the students are at a very elementary level with English grammar, computer skills, and research skills (Library and Internet). Question?… >>>

Managing Time

The course mentions giving time management ideas to students. What would you consider to be some useful and more importantly, workable ones?