Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

using simulations

I looked up a number of the simulation programs online. I am particularly interested in those that present students with the what-if models and require problem solving. I have never used these types of models before. I will definitely explore these options for the future.

Mark,

The what-if model is a great method and one that should be used as students do not often get to apply what they have learned. Often simulating real-world (current) situations increases student engagement within the classroom.

Antoine Lewis

This is a great idea for my classes! I teach a LOT of customer service and the students feel shy or silly working scenarios out on each other.
I haven't looked this up yet, but I will, and hopefully convince the school to invest. For now I will continue with videos and youtube.

Corina,

Awesome - Good luck with your course(s).

Antoine Lewis

I teach clinical courses and I do not have time to go over that many different scenarios with patients. I will look into finding some simulations that would be relevant to my students, so they have more exposure to problem solving in their field.

Alexandra,

It is good that you are going to be proactive with looking into other teaching methods related to the clinical courses you teach. The institutions and it students can only benefit from your teaching diversity.

Antoine Lewis

Sign In to comment