Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that retention starts with the admissions process. The checklist and Self Check will provide valuable applicant information and help with enroliing the right students. Setting up multiple school visits or tours that are engaging will help prospective students make an informed decision, understand expectations, eliminate fears and helo them play an integral part of the admissions process.

This lesson really underscores that admissions is about helping students make informed choices, which means that admissions reps must be well trained and informed themselves about the programs and what the career outcomes for those programs are. 

The more information the better. The succesful bath to graduation does start in admissions. 

I learned that admissions should be a process. Dueing the process, the prospective student can develop questions to ask and begin their intention of staying in the program.

• I have learned that retenition is initiated during the start of the admissions process. The number of visits the prospective student makes to the campus, their plan on being in school while balancing other responsibilities, and other factors all contrubute to their potential success in the program.

I feel that writing things down and using checklist help tremendously when it comes to retention. It is important to have it clear that retention starts in the admissions process.

I learned that the more time to take with the potential student the better chance they may have to succeed. Use of the checklist to determine if the program is a good fit for the individual is imperative. Spend as much time as the prospective student needs to answer all the questios they may have to make an informed decision before enrolling.

Retention begins during the admissions process.

I learned that students are more prone to be successful when they have a realistic understanding of the profession, program expectations, and what it takes to get through the program. It starts in admissions.

That making it a process gives the prospect time to consider the different aspects of the educational process and determine if it is a good decision for themself. 

Rushing through enrollment to "get numbers" does NOT normally generate successful students.

Make sure prospective students understand all the requirements of a successful outcome and know the field they are getting into.

The admission process is very crucial and should be comprehensive and transparent, the more the student is educated about the field and the graduation requirements the more likely to graduate and be successful.  

Unfortunately, instructors don't participate too much with the admissions process here.

In this chapter what I have learned is that in Admissions we are the ones that help the student take the right path for them so school is something they enjoy therefore there is better rate of retention. A questionnaire would be best to get to know the student and what they are looking for. The outcome they are looking for and seeing how that could be a reality for them. 

I have learned that the checklist and student self check are pretty crucial to retention and really taking the time to invest in each student and their outcome.

We have the research, we need to apply it all!

A good focus orientation is vital

I learned that the more informed a prospective student feels, the better they are able to decide if enrollment is a good decision. I think it makes sense to try to connect the prospective student to the school via tours, events, sitting in classes, etc. to reduce anxiety and increase retention

I have learned the importance of the information provided by Applicant Qualification Checklist and Self-Checks to determine the appropriate admission strategies. Based on information from both we can better understand the ideal student’s profiles for our different programs and determine if the applicants will have real possibilities of success. That way we can obtain the best results or evaluate our admission process the make the necessary adjustments. The admission process is the first step of retention. 

I have learned that making a checklist and conducting a short interview can help the admissions to learn more about the students which can help identify or come up with retention stategies.

Admission process helps the prospective student prepare for their success in their chosen career.

A well prepared admission checklist and questionnaire provides insights for both the student 

and the admission staff. An appropriate and helpful interventions will be implemented based

on the results of the data gathering during the admission process will greatly enhance success. 

I've learned that the more time the student spent during the admission process, the more informed the applicants will be, and the student will have less surprises and stress during the first day at school.

Sign In to comment