Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A caring atmosphere with an open-door policy.  Staff with the ability to connect with students.  Use of GradMax.  Awards and other recognition.

The Importance of Retention and Attrition lays in both the school and the student.  You need to have open communication along with trust.  Trust that the school is there to help you suceed and support you and trust in yourself and your knowledge that you can do it.

I did not realize how important it is to actively engage students to ensure that they are mentally prepared to do what is nmecessary to succeed in class and at school.

Showing the students that you are relatable can be vital in reassuring their place and outlook of the learning institution.

Everyone in the institution must understand that student success is the primary measure of institutional success.

Everyone in the institution must understand that student success is the primary measure of institutional success.

A multifaceted approach needs to be used to engage and support students

It's important to know the main factors that lead to students dropping out. These stressors can be worked on (by clubs/systems) and improved to help retention

Students who decide to attend a career college often miss out on the tradtional college experience. Career college should look for ways to include student life activitiesto give them that experience. The sense of school pride will help rentention efforts.

Keeping students engaged is great for retention. we must do our best to keep them engaged.

Allowing students to communicate and voice their concerns to staff can help push the students to success in their program.

This module made me wonder how commuter students fit into the role of student engagement. 

retention and care are directly linked, as much as the feeling of belonging. 

I like the idea of providing seminars. I think it would be an interesting way to engage outlying students.

Student success is the key and it is the duty of each and every department. The school must provide all the learning resources the student need to ensure their success. The success of the institution is measured by the number of students who're passing the classes.

We must support our students. Students need to be engaged . The staff and faculty needs to be the wind at there back, pushing them towards success.

It’s important to provide as much resources as possible to keep students on right track.

The institution must have a clear plan to follow and with those responsible , so that the student  can resort to it when necessary or the person who detects any alert can direct the student to seek this help.

Creating a strong school culture is vital in a retention program. That culture must include the staff as well as the students. Well trained, attentive, and well-informed staff will make all the difference. If the staff are well trained in the communication tools, evaluation tools, student programs, and student success programs at their school they will be able to better apply them to helping the students they work with. 

I am really proud of our faculty that share the joy of our career on a daily basis. 

Sign In to comment