Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

1. At risk student meeting- identifies students with issues and offers suggestions to staff/faculty to help the student.

2. Surveys - our surveys are done at 8 weeks after students start and 8 weeks before they graduate to ensure overall satisfaction.

3. Open door policy- students can ask for assistance from anybody on our campus. We are all aware of who to go to for certain needs, so if they student needs help, we know who to take them to for help.

I just got a group of new students a few days ago. I work really hard to learn their names on the first day. This is my first step in establishing to them that I care about all of them. I also like to ask a lot of refresher questions on things that they know. This makes them realize that they are learning a great deal. The awareness that you are learning a lot is a great motivator. I will be working very hard over the next week to establish a really positive environment in my classroom. I will keep striving to make myself available to them and provide tutoring after class when necessary.

More interpersonal interaction on a daily basis with the students. Let them know I care about their success.

I would also like to communicate more with my Program Director more about my students and their potential to succeed, and what things might stand in their way. She can I can brain storm how to help them achieve their goals.

I like to give them the real life environment. "How will my space in my job look like" Giving them a staff experience gives them a motivational desire to excel. My intention is to make the classroom more "real" to them and see what happens.

1. Watch for signs of students struggeling
2. Offer tutoring to thosse who are struggeling
3. Continue to find ways to engage those that aren't struggeling to keep them enlightened.

emailing student a thinking of yiu memo when absent.
Folow up with a call
Have student service to contact student after two days absent.

I enjoyed the tutorial and believe I do have a big role to play in retaining students.

I plan to spend more time getting to know possible areas of individual student stressors at the beginning of the term, e.g. work schedule, family responsibilities, financial stressors.

I believe I need to increase the number of positive affirmations I give my students, letting them know more often that I believe they can succeed in passing.

I believe I need to incorporate more group experiences so the students can more closely identify with specific students and trust they can count on them for support during this stressful 15 month period.

Have a one on one with my students to see how they are doing, and follow up when i give them their term end grade.

Addressing low testing and assessment scores immediately with advising and plan to improve scores - tutoring, study club, additional handouts.

Behavioral management with attendance.

Observe attitudes and classroom atmosphere.

Let me start by expressing thanks for the course. I have learned greatly from it, it will really helping to understand and practice the school retention programs.
As an intructor, the first thing that come to mind, it to improve the delivery of content of my classes, putting emphasize or highlithing all relevent part of the course to their proffession. Second, I have always been available for tutoring; I will also do a better job in mentoring and advising.
Third, I will emphasize attendence and particition to class dicussion.

1. Hold a nursing orientation.
2. Make persaonal connections with students.
3. Show appreciation for the hard work students are doing.

I will improve listening skills. I will improve my mentoring skills, and I will use my time better to prioritize so that I will be available to my students.

Skills lab for all missed lab works offered once a week before class.
Give out perfect attendance and performance awards
and
Personal calls to the absent students to check on them and let them know that we care that they are gone.

Creating a suggestion box and letting students know it will be checked Fri with responses - if appropriate - on Monday (and of course actually doing this).

Starting the next course with each student filling out a time management grid to help them review tasks, stresses and prioritize

Increase individual "check-up" advising to biweekly.

1.I would like to see a bulletin board to identify which staff member to contact to address student issues. 2. I would like to see these team members in the student lounge at break to meet students in a more personal way. Therefore more students would know the name & face of the staff. 3.I would like to have the potential new students meet with an instructor of their field of interest to gain more insight to the job description and duties of the field of interest before the student makes the commitment to a field.This will build enthusiasm and develop a warm connection with the instructor early on.

Motive and encourage instructors to show constant motivation to their students.

Identify at risk students earlier to solve issues.

Improve the services offered by the Student Services Coordinator.

I think I will try this. I need to engage my student more. I shy away from it because I don't want my students to have blurred lines when it comes to the teacher student relationship. However, I will offer an ear to listen to them more. I will improve my hours of tutoring and offer more praise to my students.

Provide extended tutoring opportunities
Personally call students when they are absent
Include more technological learning opportunities to appeal to all learning styles

Working together within the academic staff and communicating better.

Working with Career Services to track students better.

Getting students involved in school organizations.

1. Use of guest speaker/field trip that relates to the course objectives.

2. Find ways to get students to come to tutoring. I have a session offered every week but not many students are attending.

3. Have more one on one meetings with each student. Not only about their status in the course but to also get to know them more. Find out about any obstacles that they might have so that I can intervene early.

Sign In to comment