Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think it brings out a competitive nature to strive to have the most pins.

Mentoring

Develop a better understanding of student needs

Impliment results from the mid course survey

I think that's true for some students, Jamie, but probably not all. Some people don't relish the recognition; others fear making a mistake and looking foolish in their minds.

One thing is to let students know that I not only empathize with them on difficult material, I also use personal examples of my past failures and how I overcame them.

I know that I can't always relate well to every student as the "connection" is not always there. I will continue to try, but I will also discuss with the other instructors this problem and see if one of them can form the 'connection'.

Even though I am very busy - I will take the time to read the "cues" from the students and give them the opportunity to discuss issues with me.

Monitor the quality of education within the classroom as well as the instructor's relationships with their students.
Acknowledge the students with awards of their performance throughout the term.
Offer the students a way to have their work on display for the public.

Praise the students for a job well done, hands on experience, availble when needed.

1. Let student know about support programs we have.

2. Talk with students on a more personal level about learning barriers.

3. Ask the class about issues they have having.

I will encourage students to maintain a positive outlook and to keep their goals in focus, I will try to make contact with each student and address them by name more frequently, I will quickly make referrals if issues are identified.

talk, listen,. act

To provide a classroom that is a positive and safe environment for learning and one that is acceptance of diversity; one that affords opportunities for success.
To continue to pay attention to each student as an individual - to be observant and respectful of any changes in a student’s demeanor.
To communicate and work as a team with other faculty, staff and administrators in order to ensure the retention and success of all students.

1. Classroom visits by campus leadership team.

2. Schedule leadership team member informal interaction with students during breaks.

3. Set up meeting with State Department of Economic Security to lay ground work for partnership to support our students that have severe economic hardships leading to situations like homelessness.

First week after orientation Student Support team served ice-cream to all new students to welcome them and to introduce each other, let them know about the recources we provide for them.

I send Happy Monday email to all students with one edicational quote and reminder of upcoming event.

I understand the listen, act (in that order), Zoe, but I don't know what you mean by "talk"

What percentage of students participate in this event, Azra? How do you know if it's useful?

Have positive classroom environment.
Identify students who may be struggling and attempt to intervene early.
Work with career services to help students know what services are available and how to access them should the need arise.

Monitor the connection between performance & attendance
Reach out to those who miss class right away
Ensure tutoring options are well known

I will observe the time and attendance.
I will reach to students that may seem to have some issue comprehending.
I will keep an open communication with students and listen to what is being said.

1. Provide tutoring for all students.
2. Refer students who are struggling academically to their advisors and program director.
3. Communicate with students who seem to need help with my curriculum.

Recognize student effort and achievement, encourage participation in school clubs and events, and contribute to the school newsletter.

Sign In to comment