Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Refer student to someone more knowledgeable about a student question if you do not know the correct answer.

It is always better to be conservative with any remarks that might be substantial misrepresentation. My practice has been to refer students to the dean or director of admissions.

It is important to avoid making any inappropriate remarks about competing institutions.

Avoid misrepresentation at all costs

With a long list of information or statements that can be given by us associates, a self-check is important to make sure information is factual and accurate.

I learned more on how testimonials are subject to misrepresentation.  Importance of understanding all aspects of where misrepresenation can arise.   

​Never guarantee that credits will transfer to other institutions and never bad mouth them either. This goes against "competitive integrity". 

I will be sure to not misrepresent the school by exagerating and sharing false information or a misrepresentation of carreer and placements.

I don't think a truly substantial misrepresentation could be made on accident. I think misrepresentations can happen accidently, but if that misrepresentation somehow has a chance to majorly affect a students life and education, and there was any confusion on the part of that staff member, than that information should have been checked out and vetted. 

it is important to always be honest.

In this module I learned about Substantial misrepresentation and that we should be careful when talking to students and making sure we do not mislead them.  It is very important to stick to the facts.  

If doesn't sound right it isn't stay conservative. 

Comments made about your educational facility must be accurate and/or factual; otherwise, this misrepresentation could lead a student to enroll; this misrepresentation would be deemed a substantial misrepresentation. 

Only convey accurate and factual information.

It is very important to make sure that you do not misrepresent information about the college’s programs or the transferability of the credits from the college. 

In this module, I've learned about substantial misrepresentation and the serious consequences it can have when students rely on inaccurate or exaggerated information. It highlighted which areas are most vulnerable to misrepresentation, like accreditation, program requirements, and employment opportunities. It is clear that is is important to provide students with honest and clear information, while being mindful of maintaining fair competition with other institutions.

I have learned that what I do and what I say is so important because it is affecting a person's life. They are basing their future life plans based on the information I give them and I need to represent the school with the facts. Substantial Misrepresentation can happen in many different areas and I need to answer questions carefully to not influence a student based on misrepresenting.

I plan on applying it by representing the school using facts and having competitive integrity. Also, by letting them know that transferring credits is always up to the receiving institution's discretion.

Accurate info should be told  to ALL students

always state the facts about school and stick to fact 

Being honest, accurate and transparent is the key to avoiding misrepresentations.  Stay away from comments like, we have the best industry professionals on our education team; our equipment is "state-of-the art".  Superlatives should be avoided...they are subjective, hard to measure and difficult to verify as fact. 

Sign In to comment