Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being informed and complying with state, federal, and institutional rules and regulations is the key to doing our job correctly 

It is important to understand all parts of the enrollment agreement and ensure all admission requirement are met. 

You can never guarantee a job or placement.

Yes, the institution may have a list of job openings available to show the student, but they cannot assure to this student that he or her will be placed after graduating from the program.  

I learned about the many regulatory bodies that govern an institution and how important it is to abide by all of their rules & statutes. 

Compliance with institutional standards will ensure that the University and the prospect or student are aligned with the standards and procedures established by State standards.

It is important to know the external regulations and also those of the institution and have clear information so as not to give bad information.

It is important to be mindful of how I am phrasing things. For example, job placement can never be guaranteed. However, we can give the student all the tools and resources we have available so that they will hopefully do so.

As an institution we must be honest with our students by giving them all the information they need and being truthful regarding potential employment opportunities after graduation.

Complying with all the guidelines at the time of the admission process is vital for the successful development of the relationship with future students.

Comment on Alicia Orbea's post: I'm totally agree with you statement.

The importance of delivering clear and accurate information to all applicants, online enrollment guide and rules.

What I have learned in this module is that we can never guarantee placement & employment at our school. What we can do is show them the resources we have that they can use for employment.

There is no promising students that they will be employed after completing the program. 

That as an institution we are there to support and help students find a good but can not guarantee one at the end of a program.

Cannot guarantee employment, must keep records, must inform students of any requirements to attend classes on site if hybrid program is offered.

It’s important to not overpromise employment after programs.

I was unaware of the CIE meeting being open to the public. This also reinforced the importance of knowing the admissions requirements of my institute.

I learned about the need to include information in our institutions' documentation required by the state's rules and regulations. It is important to learn which requirements are established by law and which ones are at university level. 

Knowing what services the school offers to students and being able to guide them in the correct direction is a win

Sign In to comment