Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Introduction and the Tour | Origin: CM151

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Onsite Visits – Be Ready Anytime --> The Introduction and the Tour

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Es vital estar preparados y tener un lugar donde la visista que llegue sin anuncio, este en la mejor organizacion, es importante siempre no olvidar que a todos se trata cordialmente y amabilidad no todos son estudiantes tambien van los padres en busca de orientacion y deben ver que la misma cumple con unos esquemas de cordialidad profesional.

It is important to be prepared and for you to be nice to any visitor. Most visits will come unannounced and they expect everything to be on track.

Good evening, in this session I was reminded about the little common courtesies to make the on site visitors more comfortable.  I do intend to get my welcoming basket (pens, pencils, post-its, highlighters) ready for any type of on site visit.

Samantha

I like the idea of having a basket with the essentails ready for visits. I will be getting one together to put with the binders I have compiled for visits.

Instilling a consistancy of hospitality within the staff is important not only students, prospective students but visitors as well.

Give the onsite vistors your business cared before strating the tour this will eliminate repeating your name and title.  Put inservice not outside of the door to knock before entering.

Have a basket with essentials ready for the visits.

Plan always for a visit. Make sure that either the program director or campus president is available to answer and welcome the agents.

Also that the person representing the campus is well spoken and able to work under stress and stay calm. Also to keep areas clean and free of students information not visible to all. 

I was surprised that the agency might ask the institution to pay for lunch. However,  it did state that not all agencies will ask for lunch to be paid for, but some do. Ilso learned that the campus director or point of contact person must be well spoken and have a good understanding of the policies and procudres for everything thaqt goes on on that campous. He/or she must be clam ,cool, and collective.

It will important that the campus is open for a visit. Give access to inspector if asked. We just need to assist or guide them for safety issue e.g electrical area. 

Give the evaluatorr ther space with minimal interuptions

Treat the assessors like ani visitors...calmly, politely and with enthusiasm. Follow the same safety protocols to everyone.

Adhere to the same protocols, as I would with any visitor. 

Comment on Letian M. Oliveras Concepcion's post: Estoy totalmente de acuerdo. la primera impresion pede marcar la diferencia.

I appreciate the concept of having a full understanding of institutional policies and procedures as well as cataloge and other publications is an important part of the role contact points play. 

Always have a space identified that can be used as a visiting team room. This room should have internet access, printer/copier access, telephone access and be equipped with necessary office supplies. It should be clean and free from anything that could be considered a FERPA violation. Ideally, this space would be in close proximity to your POC.

On site visit, be prepared all the time. 

Plan to anytime visit. Welcome all visitors and announce the point of contact as soon as the visitor was identified. 

Take the time to assign the best point of contact. It is best to choose someone who has knowledge of the company, the campus and all systems & processes. 

Assign the Point of Contact for an on-site visitor.  

Sign In to comment