Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Catalogs are crucial to students and employees as it is a guide that contains all pertinent information about the school and program.

The catalog outlines all the important aspects of being a student. It encompasses every major area (Admissions, FA, Education, Career Services, etc)

This is the go-to for the student. It is what the school must follow on an decisions including, appeals & grievances, transfer credits, ADA, behavior issues, SAP, externship etc.

This important "document" protects both the student and the instituion. When a policy does change an addendum to the catalog must be created.

Catalog contains all the important guidelines and conditions for the course. It is a great tool to form correct expectations towards the program and the school. I find it reassuring for both the students and the employees to be able to have all the major issues in one single document

The catalog contains the school policies, graduation requirements and grievance procedures in addition to curriculum information. It is an extension of the enrollment agreement and holds both the school and the students to the policies within. The catalog is a roadmap to the institution.

Sharon,

Very well said. The catalog should always be considered a legal and binding document. When working with student, state or federal complaints the catalog is taken into consideration.

Cindy Bryant

The catalog is a key component in the success of the student and the employees right hand to help guide the student in understaning the expectations and rules of the company. I keep my catalog at arms reach at all times.

Catalog is valuable for both parties cause in that we are in same page, any question the student or the employers have they can find it in the catalog

Whithin the Financial Aide Department the catelog can be seen as the key to the lock, any questions the students may have can be found whithin these catelogs. There is even several times where the employees themselves will be seen looking over the catelog.

Catalogs are valuable because they contain all the information the school must present to students.It can be used by the admission to inform prospective students of rules, programs viability and as a tool to the information that must be provided to the student.
Catalogs are good for both sides as a complete information’s of the school program and regulations

Catalogs provide us with the policy, procedures, and rules that allow understanding and communication between administration, faculy, and the student body. Everyone knows what is expected of them because of the catalog, and we are able to work more fluidly because of that.

Maria,

One thing I highly recommend all new staff and faculty do is to review and revise your student handbook. This does two key things. First it allows you to personally familiarize yourself with your district's policies and expectations dealing with students. It also allows you to suggest new policies that you feel is missing or to revise older policies that may need some upgrades.

As an staff/faculty member you want to have a firm grasp on the policies and procedures you are expected to enforce when it comes to your student body. I also believe it important to revisit your catalog at least once a year to ensure nothing is outdated. A strong catalog leads to better understanding from the student body and in my opinion makes everyone's job easier.

Cindy Bryant

Solanch,

Great Analogy! The catalog does unlock the information to the school. The fact that employees use the catalog to their advantage says a lot.

Cindy Bryant

The catalog is extremely valuable to both the student and a school employee, because it contains all the information both parties need in order to help the student make an informed decision prior to enrolling. The school employees should study the school's catalog at all times to be knowledgeable and guide their students to all the information contained.

Iza,

The catalog is an excellent resource. It is a good way to keep students in touch with the courses they will be taking and setting the expectations. It also helps avoid any type of unintended misrepresentation that sometimes occurs orally.

Cindy Bryant

Catalogs are valuable to the student and employee because it offers many of the rules and information about the school. Certain policies and facts must be included in the catalog that may assist a student in the decision to sign an enrollment agreement with the school. Since there is so much information included in the catalog the school is providing the student with documented information to assist in making an informed decision. The catalog assist the employees in sharing that information with the student.

The school catalog is THE resource for all information pertaining to the school throughout the students enrollment. just like an employee handbook it outlines the expecatations, requirements and policies of the institution. Additionally, it also clarifies the expected bahaviors and requirements of the student.

I believe catalogs are an integral tool of Admissions representatives for a wide variety of reasons. Not only is all the specific information such as course, disclosure, financial aid, but the general information that may not be touched on, such as history of the campus. When a student leaves the building they have something tangible to hold onto, read through and potentially generate more excitement about their future.

The Catalog gives the student a guide, so that they know exactly what to expect in certain situations (withdrawing for example). The Catalog is also critical to the employees as a roadmap to where they need to get to..........

Its valuable to the student as it helps them with an awareness about policies and procedures of the school. It is also designed to answer many of the frequently asked questions most students have on their mind. It benefits the school as protection of any recourse that may occur as a result of a student not reviewing the catalog.

The school catalog is something I stress in every interview. There is no way any admissions rep can fully cover every detail in the catalog. I let my prospective students know how important it is to look over the information in the catalog and save it for future referance.
Simple things like snow days and what to do if you are going to be absent... All covered in the school catalog. By the way... When does Christmas break start?

Sign In to comment