Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The catalog is part of the legal agreement between the school and the student. The content of the catalog must accurately represent the educational experience the student will have.

I find that the catalog lays the grounds of what the school policies are and what is expected of the student. Whenever there is a question of how I manage my class as far as dress code or attendance I open up the school catalog and show the student the page . I encourage them to re-read their catalog, it has personally helped me whenever I do have a challenging student and I refer to it . I feel once they see for themselves they realize that I am not just making up these polices.It is actually in writing.

Lucila,

The fact that you refer to the catalog to answer questions and resolve issues allows your students to understand the importance of the information. Hopefully, they will begin to use the catalog as the reference it is meant to be.

Cindy Bryant

Richard,

Excellent observation. The enrollment agreement is a legal binding contract between the student and the school. The catalog is viewed as an extension of the contract.

Cindy Bryant

The catalog is a great place for student/employee to refer to as a reference. It is an outline for policys and procedures.

The catolog is a very handy and important piece of material for both the student and the school employee. It also makes it very clear for the student to see what the institue expects along with what is required from them before they enroll.

the catalog is like the official rulebook and sets the guidelines that students can expect from the program and institution as well as what expections the program and institution require of the student

The Catalog is a hard copy of important information a prospective student might need to referr to if they have questions regarding school policy and procedures.

Gabrielle,

The catalog is what a student and school live by, can you share a time when the catalog came in handy?

Cindy Bryant

Theresa,

I agree that prospective students should refer to the catalog frequently. I also encourage current students, faculty and staff to use it as their main reference.

Cindy Bryant

The catalog is the legal representation of the schools policies and procedures. It also gives direct and precise answers and guidance to students issues and questions.

The catalog is a very useful tool full of information available to both employees and students. This type of document gives all the necessary information to students and it works as a tool for the employees to build their knowledge.

The catalog is a common document for policies which the students and employees use for policies that the university sets. If a student has any question from grading, to attendance, to dress code to prerequisites, the catalog will answer any of those questions.

I agree with Richard's comment on the catalog. The content of the catalog discloses pertinent information not only for the student but for staff as well. It is a great reference tool and not only does it clearly identify the school's programs, it also identifies the school's vision, mission and policies.

The catalog highlights important dates as well as our school's goals and guidelines so that our students can achieve thier full ability to succeed.

Catalogs are valuable to students and the school employee because it clearly states in writing the policy and procedures of the school. Following the catalog allows fairness to be excercised among all parties involved. For example, if a student has questions concerning the Grading Policy or the Refund and Cancellation Policy, they will be able to review it in catalog and the school must abide by its policies.

Ashley,

The catalog is the most critical document for any school. It is what every student and employee must turn to in order to be sure that they are meeting the school and the students expectation. Students have every right to expect that what is indicated in the catalog is delivered. It is good to know that you see the value of the catalog and utilize it often.

Cindy Bryant

The catalog will help employee and student stay informed on how the school procedures are administered and operated.

The catalog is a highly valuable resource for both students and employees because it contains all of the school policies. Virtually any question a student could ask can be answered in the catalog.

Gemma,

Catalogs are critical to a students success in education. I strongly support referring to the catalog often. I had an instructor who actually gave bonus points for catalog knowledge.

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment