Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

attendance and conduct because that reflects on how well a person will do in their new career and how dedicated they are.

I most frequently reference the course objectives int he school catalog along with the rules and regulations for the entrance test and policies for tardiness and absents.

I am always referring to the policies on student conduct, which includes classroom conduct, profanity on campus, classroom and lab conduct, and computer and internet conduct. There have been MANY times that I have had to pull the catalog and refer to the language, so that I know that I am not contradicting what the catalog says.

I mostly use the start dates and course descriptions. We also post conduct and dress code policies in each classroom.

Externship Regulations.

Attendance policy, code of conduct and the dress code to name a few.

Specific information about my program. Conduct. Accrediting bodies.

Specific info about the Pharm Tech program ... hours, course, course objectives. I also reference the conduct catalog when i have issues.

Student Conduct is most frequently used in my department as well as attendance and make-up policy. I believe this is a very beneficial tool to utilize when such issues arise

Academic policies and SAP

I usually talk about attendance policy.

as a dean, the most frequest areas of the catalog are :
attendance policy
conduct related policies

i prepare my documents and or conversation topics prior to meeting students with these areas of concerns. we deal with this on an individual basis. our campus catalog is used daily

Topics that I frequently refer to from our catalog would be our Dress Code, SAP, student conduct and most important is our Attendance Policy. We hold a high expectations for our students and their attendance is a part of that expectation.

Attendance policy is the part of the catalog I often visit. Admission requirements especially those transitioning from LPN to RN is also important to me. Academic failure and remediation process is most often visited especially during academic advising.

The course work and the skills learned

As a program director, I most often reference the policies that directly impact students such as dress code, discipline policy and externship regulations.

I can see where the highlighting would help the students follow along with what you are discussing and will remind them of the areas you discussed. Great idea!

Great attendance can be the deciding factor for an employer to hire a graduate.

Delicia - I am happy to hear that schools hold students accountable for high standards. Attendance can be a critical component to learning.

The topics that I most frequently reference are on conduct and dress and appearance. I find that even though students have been informed what the rules are, they will sometimes try to push the envelope on some of the smaller details of these two topics.

Sign In to comment