Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Financial Aid and Attendance policy. Also Student Services.

I agree, as a PD dress code violations are often backed up by information provided in the school catalog.

Attendance, Conduct, and Dress Code

I agree...grades and conduct seem to be a topic each month that warrants detailed review.

I reference the conduct area of the school catalog the most. I utilize the wording in it when I am writing advising forms.

I frequently discuss the following policies:
Attendance, specifically violation of the policy.
Conduct, what constitute professional conduct.
Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, how to maintain satisfactory academic progress.

As Director of Student Services, I administer and enforce several catalog policies and procedures listed in our current campus catalog.

1.Readmission ( Re-entry procedure)
2.Student Complaint and Grievance Procedure
3.Student Guidance and Advising
4.Dress Code
5.Campus Conduct
6.Other policies and procedures assigned by the Campus President or Vice President of Student Affairs

David Richardson

attendance and dress code

Winston - These areas seem to be common themes from this discussion item. It sounds as if advisement/coaching of students fall into these areas at multiple schools.

I concur with the approach to reference specific catalog wording when "writing up" students for infractions to ensure consistency.

I like always ensure that students understand the expectations for externship and clinical hours.Prepared students usually transition more readily to the expectations of the work place.

In FA we look at the value of clases mostly to determine the dollar value of a class should they get a credit for it from transfers.

Attendance Policy
Dress Code Policy

As a school director, the most common areas of the catalog that I reference are attendance requirements (schedule and time off policy) and student conduct policies.

Attendance ,Dress Code , Course Outline, Other fees.

The student academic policy and procedures in addition to our school mission statement.

Attendece ploicy for student clinical affilitations. The need for background checks for cliical. Academic grading policies. FERPA policies, Accomodation need procedures. Course descriptions.

Program Schedules
Entrance Requirements
Costs

Sharon - I'm glad you mention accomodation need procedures. This is another area where schools need to ensure they are meeting requirements to provide reasonable accomodations.

Carol - it's good to see the mission statement listed in this discussion. I think it's always good to reflect back regularly to the mission of the institution.

Sign In to comment