Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Attendance policy
Dress code
Conduct policy

Admissions Requirements, Attendance, Dress Code, Start Dates

The campus catalog is used frequently thoughout the admissions process. I show the student the course overviews and policies and procedures regarding specific program information.

It is also used in cases to gameplan academic stategy as well as to explain completion processes. I also use the catalog to explain teh testinf procedure or to answer any specific questions that need to be answered in print.

Working within Student Services we refer back to the catalog to reiterate the school policies on attendance and conduct. We also work with restart students and it is a definite benefit to review the student catalog as well.

The topics I discuss mostly with potential students are the dress code and code of conduct. However, I encourage the students to read the catalogue thoroughly; it is to their advantage to do so.

Attendance, dress code, course schedule, class hours breakdown

I mostly address attendance, conduct and grading policies. Financial aid I refer back to the experts!

I FIND THAT I USE THE ATTENDANCE AND CONDUCT SECTION THE MOST BECAUSE I WANT STUDENTS TO UNDERSTAND HOW VERY IMPORTANT IT IS TO ATTEND DAILY IT'S A REFLECTION OF HOW COMMITTED YOU ARE TO SCHOOL AND YOUR NEW PROFESSION.ALSO ONCE STUDENTS GRADUATE FROM SCHOOL MOST OF THE TIME THEY HAVE NO RELATED REFERENCE EXCEPT THE INSTITUION THEY ATTENDED.CONDUCT WILL ALSO INFLUENCE THIS AS WELL.

I am the Program Director so Dress Code, Attendance and Academics are dicussed every day with instructors and students,

I agree with you, Denise. Students should treat school as they would a job with consistent attendance to have a track record for future employers.

Thanks, Eileen. I think students AND staff benefit by reviewing the catalog.

Academic Standards:
1. Attendance Policy
2. Student Conduct
3. Satisfactory Academic Progress
4. Scholastic Honesty

I believe that our students need to know at the get go what is expected, particularly regarding attendance in classroom courses and clinical rotations. To date, this has been our primary problem.

The catalog is the best tool I have to give information to potential students. I highlight the index and every heading that keeps the student informed. School information, Admissions procedures, Student Services Addendum, Academic Information Academic Standards and Financial Information. The program section is where I get the student excited about their feild of study.

As an employee who works with those students re-enrolling after being withdrawn, I always encourage to re-read their catalogs, especially the sections on attendance policy.

The most discussed topic in the schools catalog for me is always tuition costs. I think that number one concern of a student considering enrollment is, "how am I going to pay for this." There are so many misconceptions about financial aid and tuition is is important that they know all the costs up front, and have it in wiriting to take with them after a campus visit.

The topics that I most frequently reference from the school catalog are: attendance policy, grading policy and code of conduct.

Student dress code, attendance standards, as well as academic standards

Conduct & absence policy are the most frequent items I reference in my role. What makes my job more difficult is if they are not written clearly & measurably. Conduct would be hard to translate into addressing all the possibilities, & that I have less issue interpreting. However, absence policies need to be clearly defined, and subsequently followed by the appropriate staff.

Conduct, term description, dress code

I access the attendance policy, academic policy, and dress code often for my job. It does come in handy when students have questions, concerns, or complaints about their grades or how they are dressed. I also review the appeal process with them if they still disagree.

Sign In to comment