Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I conduct new student orientations and re-entry orientations, and I refer to the sections on dress code and conduct as well as the student complaint and grievance procedure. Because I work with re-entry students, I often refer to entrance test requirements and program summary information.

As a Program Director I constantly use the catalog for policies such as, attendance, grades, dress code,and constantly inform the students what they need to do in their course.

I agree, students need to know about their responsabilities to the programs, school, medical offices, and themselfs

I refer to the financial aid Information and admissions. Admissions because I have to explain to the student's the policy for the waitlist.

I most frequently reference the course descriptions for the culinary programs, as students often request what types of classes are offered.

I agree that is a great outline for student responsibilities!

I agree - that is a great idea! So often student's do not take the time to read the catalog and truly understand what their role is.

testing requirements and campus security

This is a ongoing challenge with our students. The inconsistent enforcement of uniform and dress policy makes many students unsure of what is clearly defined in a catalog.

As a school director, I keep the the catalog as my direction tool at all times. There are numerous questions that I deal with on a daily basis from admissions requirements to course descriptions. The catalog is my guide and I do not hesitate to pull it out when needed to show students and staff the appropriate, legal answers. It has a bigger impact on individuals when you show them information in black and white. It is a great tool for clarity.

I utilize the catalog throughout the day to answer various questions from students and staff. It is a great tool for managing and disseminating information that is true and correct. When individuals see the information in black and white, the impact is greater. Unfortunately, many students and staff do not use it effectively. That is why I have developed a catalog test for my employees. They need to know policies and rules to better assist the students they serve and support the organization through compliance.

The topics I most frequently refer to in our catalog are regarding the educational aspects and policies. Having worked in education for some time, I am well versed. However, I believe that campus administration, faculty and staff should all familiarize themselves with the school catalog. Our catalog is our guiding document and referring to it keeps us on track and allows us to provide accurate information to our students.

Barbara - I completely agree. I make reading the catalog a requirement for new employees in my department, even though they have no direct student contact. It definitely provides information that is beneficial to virtually every department in a school. I also have done "catalog quizzes" during department meetings to help provide a "refresher" of info or to remind people what a great source of information it is as a reference.

- accreditation
- completion, pass, & placement rates
- program length/hours
- admissions requirements
- student dress code
- attendance policy

I frequently reference course descriptions, the Academic Progress policies, and Attendance policies.

I always highland all the section pertaining to my department. It makes it easy to refer to the questions from our students.

Refund Policy

SAP-Satisfactory Academic Progress policies
Conduct policies

Disciplinary and Attendance Policies.

I would add.....repeatedly. It is good to have soetning like this to fall back on.

Sign In to comment