Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Lisa,
It seems that many out there reference attendance and conduct policies frequently. I find that in addition to having policies on such, these are good topics to emphasize with students since both are also relevant to the workplace environment.

Traci Lee

We have our student look at our placement, completion and licenser rates. We also refer our students to the dress code and attendance policies in our catalog since they are very strict policy at our school.

I also mostly refer to the disciplinary section, conduct section, attendance policy, and remediation policies. I want to ensure I am fair to all students and although the situations are frequently different, I want to be accurate in how I treat each one.

We have a fairly strict attendance policy which is disclosed in our student catalog and that would be the one that I reference the most. We are industry modeled and attendance is looked at highly in regards to employment.

Course Descriptions and class start and end dates.

andrew,
I have always liked this approach for schools focused on preparing students for careers since the workplace enforces attendance and dependability.

Traci Lee

I choose the attendance policy and the mission statement very regularly. The mission statement is the message of a committed student and the rewards that can achieved if, and I do mean if. You (the student) are committed to learning the objectives and materials in a timely and organized manner

I believe campus administration, faculty and staff should all familiarize themselves with the school catalog. Our catalog is our guiding document and referring to it keeps us on track and allows us to provide accurate information to our students. I typically highlight the academic requiremnets for my particular program as well as dress code,attendance, fees, etc.

John,
I completely agree! I actually have given employees a "catalog quiz" during meetings to help reinforce key points and encourage referencing the catalog as a resource. It truly is a guiding document, as you stated!

Traci Lee

I work in education and review campus policies with students from time to time.

As an instructor, I most often reference the attendance policy, dress code, and academic dishonesty policy

Sign In to comment