Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Our School Catalog is not just an information resource for courses. It is the main source of policies and procedures for students and staff. The most referenced policies and procedures are attendance and academic compliance. When students require a written advisement on an issue of academics or attedance the School Catalog is referenced (sited)in order to clarify and crystalize the importance of these policies to the student.

Definitely the conduct and attendance policies. I like to refer to them in "quotations" when I'm advising a student and show them where it is in the catalog

Rules of our attendance, dress code and conduct.

On page 18 of the catalog, there is a list of the expectations of students during the financial aid process.
- proptly return all required applications and paperwork to the financial aid office.
- If the financial aid office needs to see a student, the office will notify the studenet through an instructor or written notice to the student. It is the student's responsibility to see financial aid when so notified.

I read these off during group packaging. I feel that it enforces the urgency of getting back to FA in a timely manner.

I refer most frequently to the cancellation and refund policies, the Return of Title IV policy and specific programs and course outlines. This gives me a better understanding of the classes in each program, and I find the program summary helpful.

I reference the catalog regarding the Course descriptions to show the student.
2- The General Information section.
3-Career Services Department

As PD, I have page 9 and 10 tabbed....Dress code and attendance policy. When I have an advisory meeting with a student regarding either of these subjects, I ensure they get a copy of the section of catalog we are discussing, just in case they missplaced their own catalog.

Paul - I have seen several respond to this post with dress code as a frequencly referenced policy. It's great to have it available for the sutdent when you meet with them. I am wondering if you also have it posted anywhere in the college as another reminder to students since this seems to be a common violation.

Nancy - I can always guess someone's job function based on the items referenced for this discussion topic! Your items demonstrate the cross functional dependencies between departments since academics and finance impact one another.

I think it is great to outline student responsibilities! Thanks for sharing your practice on this topic, Erin.

I always refer to the attendance Policy also the required hrs per program and the externship hrs.

When meeting with potential students, I frequently highlight sections in the Financial Aid section for them to review.

Admissions requirements, externships, career services, student services and the specifics of the program the student is recommended for.

I consistently reference attendance, probation and conduct policies when speaking with students. I also use the catalog to compare credit hours per course with other documents presenting the same information so I am confident we do not have false documents in circulation.

Policies and procedurs dealing with grades, conduct and attendnace

I refer to the catalog on a regular basis for school rules and regulaions when I am questioned by one of my sudents.

When deling with student issues, I would us the student catalog to reference policy to help the student reach educational goals.

When meetings current students i frequently visit the Academic section, Attendance and Classroom discipline. Many of our students tend to have too many absences and fail exams. I revisit this section often to reinforce the campus policy on these specific areas.

Since I am beginning a new program and have not enrolled any students at the present time, I frequently refer to the Transfer of Course Work section when talking to interested parties. I know that I will utilize other portions as time progresses.

Attendance Policy
Conduct Policy
Dress Code

Sign In to comment