Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Inbound Call Experience | Origin: AD106

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Powerful Telephone Techniques --> The Inbound Call Experience

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too. 

The fact that the call to the institution enters is excellent since it is always expected that there is interest in the caller. It is necessary to be patient in order to listen carefully to your approach

I enjoyed the layout of th is course as it makes a few great suggestions towards how responses should be made to potential students as you talk them through the process of enrollment. I excpect to be able to respond accurately and efficiently. 

The heirarchy pyramid to make connections with people was excellent. I'll be thinking through this regularly to discern where things stand, but also how to "back up" if things have moved too fast.

Positive attitude is the key in this course. Being patient and listen to the students needs. 

Make sure to disingage from what ever else you are working on so you don't sound uninterested. I work at a very small school and wear many hats. Sometimes I have to ask callers to "please hold on just a second" so I can finish something and give the caller my full attention.

The most important thing I learned was the communication hierarchy.  I plan on utilizing this by making sure I create strong connections with the potential students in order to better understand their goals and needs and how the services our school offers will be able to better assist them going forward, as well as to be able to address any obstacles that may be presented with the student interested in our programs.   

The information fit right in, it gave me insight as to what my team maybe doing wrong

It made me stop and think of how I am responding on the phone, I normally just answer the questions that the caller has called to ask.

Listen before responding 

Make sure you know your weaknesses.

Listen!!!

How you first answer the call is critical. First impressions are formed immediately as to how the call is answered.

Smiling when dialing sets a positve tone on the phone. 

It's important to establish a call process when interacting with phone inquiries about the school's programs and enrollment.  

Inbound calls are some of the highest converting leads an institution will receive and should be handled with care. Ensuring the individual at the school receiving the call is not distracted, is well-trained, and understands the hierarchy pyramid is crucial.

It's very important knowing how to answer an inbound call. The sound of your voice is very important!

Attitude and the ability to listen without inturuprtion can be a deal breaker here.

Your attitude and tone make a lasting impression with your first connection, so make sure it's a good one! Being prepared to ask the right questions to make sure you are effective and efficient for both parties is the key to starting off on the right path.

I like how it breaks down the different stages to go through on the phone with your prospect

Sign In to comment