Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The importance of the inbound calls.

I like how it specified to ask the right questions. That is so important. 

Ensure to always follow the order of building rapport, then gather information and lastly, give information.

I appreciate the expert knowledge to model my own inbound calls. As the admin assistant that typically answers the calls and helps with admissions, I found this info very helpful. 

It is important to pay attention to space fillers, volume/pace, using negative phrases, avoid projecting emotions and enuciating when speaking to students over the phone in order to communicate effectively. 

This module was a great introductory on how to present myself over the phone. 

Your attitude over the phone still comes across. Also, I find it hard to listen to myself in a recording but this practice might be needed if I truly want to evaluate if I’m able to engage in the communication hierarchy, even over the phone. 

This module really emphasizxed how valuable both tone and energy can be to make a first impression. Add in a strong cadence and perosnal touch and it should yield strong show-rates.

I will apply this through effective listening. Effective listening allows the counselor to do there job effectively. This allows the admissions counselor to to be helpful when guiding the student to make the right decesions.

I loved how it was nice to build a good rapport with the caller and sell the product at the same time smoothly

It's imporatant to have phone personality

How the student feels during and after the call is key. Ask questions and listen, don't sell. 

I learned that tone is a thing. It is very important for us to monitor our tone, it can deeply determine our results.

Practicing how to answer the phone and listening to yourself to try and see what to improve on, whether your tone or how you speak. 

This module was extremely helpful. It shows you how to engage with the student. So far this taught me that your tone in your voice is important. Make sure you are listening to the student that way you can make sure you provided the information they request.  

Having an awareness of your phone presence can make you sound more professional and accepting to others.

Comfortability with any potential objections is key. Especially figuring out what other people may be involved in the decision making process.

Positive tone and supporting questions go a long way. Knowing the best approaches to get someone to set an appt are key to success in Inbound calls. 

I think having good listening skills is important so one knows how to gage the conversation and to show interest in the callers needs.

Comment on Claire Frisbee's post: This is a great tip! I think it's important to be honest with "customers" and let them know what's going on so they don't think you're rude while you tie something up on your end and provide great customer service when you're finished.

Sign In to comment