Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I really think one of the concepts that should be at the top of the list is, ability to listen. It directs your response but more importantly let's the caller know that you are actively listening.

The 7 Ps of telephone etiquette! Common sense, yet a great way to remember.

A call log is a helpful tool for organization.

Listen to the students needs, if you have a solution they will likely enroll 

Provided prospective on the inbound call process and how to manage areas where we maybe falling short.

It is very important to set the tone for the caller. Listening is an important key to building report.

The 7 p’s of telephone etiquette
Effective telephone etiquette requires you to be:
·      Prepared
·      Present
·      Polite
·      Patient
·      Personable
·      Professional
·      Proactive

I have learned the importance of understanding what is important to a productive inbound call.  Building rapport, strong listening skills and giving good information are keys to do this.

The importance of building rapport, but listening to needs is so critical. 

This module refreshes our focus to what service and solutions we can offer to our clients. We must listen very attentively to the concerns of the students. We also learned that during Telephone transactions, we must prepare ourselves to increase confidence which will affect the tone of our voice during conversation. Paying attention to these types of details will not only help you understand your current telephone personality but will aid you in developing one that is more professional and positive. 

Comment on Dewey McGuirk's post:  The 7 P's. With the line of work in Admissions sometimes you can get sidetracked with a conversation and one needs to come back to it by asking open ended questions and always being polite and professional about it.

Great suggestions when answering a call.

Great resource in listening attentively, paying attention to detail and the importance of building rapport. 

handle calls with care, always smile, and listen to the prospective student

Always listen and focus on the students needs

Being engaged and actively listening to the speak is of vital importance. Being positive and avoiding negative words and phrases will help with phone conversations. 

I've learned that connecting with the prospective student from the onset of the call is critical to building a great rapport. I am looking forward to connecting with each student to learning how to best address and meet their objectives for learning.

Gathering information will only help you in the long run! Remember to ask questions and keep "peeling the onion" to find out more. 

I learned how there are many different ways to answer phone calls. Based on your tone it sets the kind of impression you leave on the customer or student.

The inbound call module helped to reinforce the importance of ensuring everyone call receive adequate customer focus to ensure all information is shared in a very polite, personable and professional manner.

Sign In to comment