Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As I am planning a new class and taking over a couple others, I can see the importance of planning lessons and being clear on what needs to be accomplished for each lesson for the next lesson to be learned.

I am the Advisor for our team(s) in SkillsUSA.

I have walked into a classroom with zero plan and it was the absolute worst.  Having a lesson plan and following the curriculum can make your life and their experience easier. 

Having a plan and using it to stay on track helps everyone, it also keeps you focused and reduces the stress of not knowing. Great examples were given and I will use them.

Planning is essential for student success.

Plans reduce stress on both the instructor and the students. It also allows everyone to understand what is expected and what is going to be achieved at the end of the lesson or instructional period. That being said you also need to allow for students to learn at different paces.

Having too much planned and not having enough material planned both give you poor results.

That lesson plan is to help show what you cover but it also shows that standards for the semester are met as well as objective of the content. 

I learned that curriculum maps take a lot of time to complete, but they are essential to make sure you can cover all of the material you need to. 

Not having a plan causes anxiety and stress. A proper plan leads to confidence.

KCTCS sets our curriculum in the nursing program. However I need to develop better lesson plans for covering the topics. 

Having a lesson plan helps to structure a course. It allows both the student and educator to stay on task. 

Having a lesson plan laid out is a great to keep in check how well you are meeting all the standards for your class.

A good plan is very important to help the students to succeed, and I now see how important a good plan is to assure you students are learning all they should be. Also, a good plan can help keep the course on track and prevent stress when things don't go as planned.

Curriculum planning and mapping helps to ensure you will meet the objectives and standards for the course with the ability to adjust and change as needed to best fit the needs of the students

I like the Georgia method to lesson plans; "I do", We do", "You Do". It is a simple way to structure lesson plans.

Students need structure. Students will subconsciously sense when a plan or structure is weak or failing. Planning ahead will help the teacher and the student learn and teach as expected. Having a structured learning and teaching process, like "I do, we do, you do," is much like the fabrication process I developed in the industry. Taking an approach that is tested and trusted will confirm the teacher's place and confidence at the front of the class. 

Planning is obviously what every teacher is supposed to do. The better the plan the better the behaviors become in class. I have been trying the flipped classroom approach being CTE and having the 21st century skills incorporated and it has been nice. 

Scope and sequence is super important and it should routinely be evaluated and adjusted.  I liked the SMART goals format and will implement their use in planning units.

Having access to template examples will help me refine my lesson planning. 

I like the idea of the flipped classroom. My hybrid classes naturally do this, but I could do it even with non-hybrid courses too. 

Lesson plans are important to follow a standard set of instructions based on Frameworks. building do overs Mulligans into a classroom.

Sign In to comment