Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I plan on using formative to measure learning and re visit or adjust learning

I like the different ideas that they gave use for formative and summative assessment. 

My favorite way to assess students is with projects.  I feel that this lets students use their strengths in different ways to show their comprehension. 

It is important to understand and utilize the different ways of engaging students. Summative and formative assessments will play a major role in assessing students. I could do better at understanding them. 

That formative assessments don't need tons of prep and can actually help the day to day teaching and re-framing of content.

I probably shouldn't confess that I don't use formative and summative assessments very much, but my class is writing. It's hard to determine what someone already knows or is learning mid-stream. Then I don't often quiz at the end because the writing assignment final draft is the measuring stick I use to see how they're developing. 

But I will consider trying to implement some. Make class have more of a variety. 

I learned that as a cte educator we need to continue to develop assessments to monitor student progress

The biggest problem I feel I am facing is finding the time to incorporate more frequent assessments without loss of curriculum time, but maybe that will get better next year and with more experience. Love the ideas posted. 

I plan on using more Formative Assessments in all my classes- one common feedback point was that we need smaller projects to achieve some repetition and more of these Assessments would hit a couple birds with the same stone.

I like the different ways taught to engage students.  Each student learns differently and has different interests.  Hopefully, incorporating several different methods will engage everyone on some level. 

I have learned so much on this module. I do like having the students involved in a poll at the end to see what they learned. 

I plan on using the formative assessments to ensure that my students are staying on track with our curriculum and to aid in the formulation of my teaching materials to best address student needs. Specifically, I will use the muddiest point approach to assess the topics my students find the most challenging so I am able to clarify or spend more time on those topics.

I learned that it is important to use different types of assessments to monitor students' progress.  I really liked the idea of using social media to engage student. the chart about the different types of education would benefit the class. 

Assessments and evaluations should be a continous process throughout the course. Also, CTE instructors should ensure that goals and objectives meet education and industry standards to provide the most benefit to the student.

Nursing uses quizzes, module tests and final exams. Nursing is an Associate Degree program. Clinical performance is a satisfactory or unsatisfactory bases on their performance. If an unsatisfactory is given remediation is provided. Test and the final exam are preparing them for their licensure exam.  

I've learned that engagement is important with students and I think the idea of active teaching is great! I also like the idea of using formative assessments to track progress rather than for a grade. 

An assessment that is engaging to the student will make them work harder to achieve their goals.

I liked learning about the course maps. I plan to use this going forward as wells as summative and formative assessments.

I am planning to use the summative and formative assessments in my classroom next semester.

I've have a better understanding of the assessment process, it's so much more than passing test or quizzes about an topic. I've had some assessments already in my courses but really didn't realize how I could really incorporate then into my courses. The improved understanding of assessments will greatly improve me as an instructor to assure my student are mastering the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in there chosen field.

Assessment has always been something I think many teachers struggle with tracking and establishing. I really liked the table that utilized Blooms research in growing our skills: 1. Remembering 2. Applying to Understand 3. Evaluate/Analyze and 4. Create. This is a nice framework for the CTE classroom when it comes to project development. 

Sign In to comment