Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This unit provided an excellent breakdown of where CTE evolved from, how it has been approached historically, and provides substantial information relevant to the future success of CTE programs. 

I learned how the state views CTE and the career pathways/ essential ideas.

As someone coming from the traditional academic side, I learned a great deal about the history and value of CTE and was able to engage in my own analysis. 

I gained a basic understanding of the CTE layout and the specifics as to what the purpose it. I will apply the 12 steps for the program to be highly qualified.

I now understand how important data collection is and how it can be used as a reflection and program check. 

I learned about programs of study and their importance in helping students find their path in a CTE program. 

I learned about the different clusters and pathways available in CTE and how to implement a Program of Study. This course really helped me understand where CTE gets its funding, and how important High quality CTE is. 

I learned about the High Quality CTE.  It sets high standards for teachers, students, and programs.

I have a better understanding of the framework of CTE and how to apply it.

It is clear that continuing education is a must in every profession. I am happy I enjoy learning new things.

I liked the Career Cluster for Manufacturing and how much information is available as a guideline.

I will review this and provide a good plan to pass on to my students.

I enjoyed learning more about the history of CTE going all the way back to the 1800's. This opened my eyes to how CTE isn't something new, but something that has evolved over time. We have so many pathways now for students to join, and I learned more about how to prepare those students for choosing an appropriate pathway for them.

Learning the history of anything is always a huge part of understanding the WHY for me.  I think the origin always sets the tone and helps me with future learning.  There are many benefits to CTE learning and I'm excited to learn about all of them!

I learned that CTE is a great program for the students to do something they enjoy. Learning the skills with hands on learning would  get them into the career field they want sooner. 

CTE rocks! It provides a career ladder from high school through college and into the workforce.

I'm a first-year educator in health care with so many available career pathways and have found that CTE is a great way to teach our students about their choices to choose their own pathway to success.

Comment Comment

I found many things interesting. I hadn't heard of CTE until I found my job. My middle school didn't have CTE corses and my high school may have had some. I am looking forward to this course and making me an excellent CTE teacher.

I learned a lot of the history of education.  I want to provide appropriate education to students, as well as teach them practical methods to use in their professional careers.  

CTE is a powerful way for students to get into a career. Glad to be part of it.

CTE has had a long history, but slow moving to get to where it is today. Despite its obvious positive points and advantages it could provide to the populace, It took two world wars to gain enough attention and support from federal leaders to adopt.  There are many stories out there how CTE has proven itself over many times.

Sign In to comment