Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Seeing the history and evolution of CTE throughout the years was very interesting.

Love learning the history of CTE

We may say that many of the related careers have existed for a long time, but the emergence of CTE specific programs has helped society expand beyond a traditional "parent teaches child," (Skills and knowledge passed through family) approach as we may have had in the past. This module has shown me that over many years a focused and academic approach to teaching skills is not only needed but has helped drive growth and innovation. I will use what I've learned to support the understanding and growth of CTE programs generally. 

I feel that as a country we lost focus of CTE for a decade but now we are getting back on track with, what appeared to me to be, a new emphasis on CTE programs. While reading through this module I realize that the need for quality CTE programs is not a new idea.  There has been a great deal of effort throughout history to improve the skilled trades through some form of CTE. The amount of resources that are provided from the State and Federal level for CTE is impressive.   

I learned the history of CTE, ACTE, Perkins, funding for CTE by year, CTE Clusters, things that make up a successful CTE program. Things I can do to make a better CTE for my area. 

As a new CTE teacher I was very surprised to see how "young" CTE really is in the US. It is reassuring to see that since CTE became federally recognized and funded for youth and adults, changes, additions, improvements and expansion has been continuous.

I've learned that it is very important to aligned your lesson plan to your frameworks

I learned more about the clusters, program of studies and high quality CTE education.

I have a better understanding of the Program of Study and how that works within each CTE area. 

From the information in this section, I'm thinking I should have a sit down with my administrator and talk about what data I can collect so we can evaluate the effectiveness of my program. I really like that this section has broken it down and it makes it easier to discuss what we can be looking for/collecting data-wise. 

I've also enjoyed learning about the history of CTE. I always have to remind myself, CTE isn't a "new thing". 

I have gained an appreciation for the history of CTE and the many aspects of this program that come together to make CTE successful.  I have also gained a knowledge base of many sites to look to for additional information when I need it.

From this module I learned about the rich history of CTE.  I have a co-worker who is often quoting "Dewey" and so it was kind of cool to see why.  While I am not new to CTE, I realize that I have to be patient and that CTE has been around for a long time.  There are some states who have led the way and I need to learn to use the many resources that are available to us.  

I enjoyed the brief history of CTE and learning who Carls Perkins was. I've referred to Perkins funding a lot, but didn't know the meaning behind the name or who the man was. I look forward to learning more about the career clusters.

It's great knowing the history of CTE and how it will shape the future of our work force.

I was interesting to see how CTE started and grew over the years.

I was surprised by the history.  I have thought this was always just a local thing that grew.

I have learned that CTE instructors are extremely important through out the country because the structure and employability skills start with us, that not only give the students a great opportunity to get a good paying job but they also will be able to keep it.

Career and Technical Education incorporates real-world education in the work force in an effort to prepare students for their future in practical ways. 

It never occurred to me that CTE programs have been around as long as they have.  

I learned about the 12 elements and the history of CTE.  I was unaware of the history and never really thought about all that goes into CTE

Sign In to comment