Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned about Pathways and the history of CTE.  These programs have been developed to create the best outcomes for students starting careers and learning team building in technical education.

CTE is the backbone of what kids are going to need in the workforce outside of the classroom.  We do our best to make thes expierences real for eachother as we learn and pass through each class.

We have a cluster program at our high school.  It is a great way for kids to begin to plan for future employment.  The skills in our tool box are going to be beneficial reguardless of the position of employment.

Essentials for CTE teachers is one that I increasingly take interest in.  I've been teaching for almost 4 years and could have used more resources in the begining.  I always teach the history of FFA and Land Grant Universities.

The histroy of CTE is our agricultural heritage.  We cant fully appreciate our comforts and conviences without looking back at the struggle it took to get there.  

Prior to beginning this course, I had a basic understanding of the elements involved in course progression in career and technical programs.  This course is helping me better understand evaluation of programs of study as we work to prepare students in building the skills necessary to flourish in their given fields of study.

CTE is a great option for students who don't want to go the traditional college route and just want a high paying career in the trades! 

I have a better understanding of the part CTE plays in promoting effective learning and making it possible for students to transition into post secondary education and the workplace. Who wouldn't be excited about the prospects of CTE? Wish it would have been in place when I was in high school.

The framework seems to be the most important place to start when beginning to implement a CTE program. When that is nailed down, a teacher should be able to see a path forward for individual curriculum design and implementation. 

I gained an understanding of CTE and what constitutes a high quality program.  I also learned that there is the possibility for students to continue in post secondary school.  I was surprised at the number of students who go on to post secondary education.

I like thinking about program assessments and making sure that courses are scaffolded in a way that promotes continuous student advancement without redundancy and duplication of effort wherever possible. 

I'm gaining a better understanding of how CTE at the secondary level leads to CTE at the post secondary and how as a College CTE I can work with secondary teachers and build a pipline for kids in my field.

I enjoyed the History portion of this. I never relised how old CTE is and how the first tech school was opened in 1881!! What!?!? :-0 SO COOL! This also is great for knowing that there are standerds in place for CTE teachers to follow and allows for some starting points and foundations to build off of. The 12 Elements are very helpful as well.

I appreciated the long and varied history of CTE.  I have learned about the legacy of Dewey and Perkins as life-long educational proponents.  I have learned of POS and the impact of a structured approach to effective learning.

I have a better understanding of the purpose and history of CTE programs and will use that to help students find the best pathway.

I didn't realize how many different areas were covered under CTE. Learning the history and how it has evolved over time is interesting. Allowing citizens to reenter the work force after giving them skills to be successful in their career. 

I've come to a better understanding of what POS is and how to implement it. They understanding of CTE and the continuing of the secondary education tied with public and private partnerships to direct your instruction.

I understand the Perkins Grant.

I appreciate the understanding of the history of CTE.  It was interesting that females started teaching after men in the 18 century

I had no idea how long CTE has been around.  I believe a quality plan of study is a great method for students to visualize and understand what steps they can take and the relevance of the classes they are taking.  

Sign In to comment