Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I also gained a greater understanding of the history of CTE and an appreciation for the progression of CTE learning, to provide more clear pathway choices and clear standards with an aim toward providing high quality programs and training.

It was interesting to see the history and evolution of career track training.

During your first year of teaching, developing an understanding of CTE can highly benifit you. CTE uses career clusters to reach multiple areas of education whether it is medical or manufacturing.

I've learned the history of CTE and development of Perkins and Rep. Perkins being from Kentucky is pretty cool! I've learned about the push for higher quality CTE program development and the need for work related pathways to tecnical careers. It's reassuring to see leaders and representatives willing to invest in our efforts. 

The history of CTE and education was enlightening.

I found the history and new information about the law replacing the No Child Left Behind Act very informative. I also appricaite the links to the program studies and guidence. 

I learned that the career cluster is a great way for students to start by planning their future. 

I learned quite a bit about the foundations of CTE and the mechanisms and purpose of the different legistlation, tools, and methodolgy that help CTE thrive. I'm also very pleased to know I've been utilizing a lot of the aformentioned components and methodolgy in my program, so I'm doing well with aligning my curriculum to multiple levels of required and recomended standards! Huzzah!

CTE provides different avenues, to provide students with tools needed for success.

I'm looking forward to becoming more involved with CTE. 

I have gained several resources where I can direct myself to to evaluate my CTE Program of Study. Giving me direction and broadening my perspective on the resources that are out there for both my POS and other teachers in my CTE program that they can use. I have gained a new view on what the Perkins V is all about. 

I learned more about the history of CTE and how it was founded. It gave me an appreciation for frameworks and why those came about.

I've learned about the history and some of the general components of a CTE Program of Study. CTE is a great way for students gain skills and experience a taste for different pathways instead of wasting that time in college. 

I have a much better understanding of the History of CTE, and how it has changed and is continuing to change. I wonder why more schools in this day/age are not only incorporating it, but actually building and designing the vast majority of their Education around it. It seems that going forward CTE could replace much of our traditional education, and it would lead to better outcomes for students. 

This was an interesting overview seeing how the CTE programs have evolved over time.  It helped to learn more about the different types of career clusters are available and how some are in place across the country.  This will be new to my online school, so seeing the suggestions for getting started are very helpful.

I appreciated a timeline specific to CTE. However, I found it a bit interesting that there was a distinction made between ideas of Dewey and Perkins. CTE seems a fine manifestation of the types of educational experiences Dewey would have valued, and in fact, my appreciation of CTE and its pragmaticism is directly related to my enjoyment of Dewey.

I developed a deeper understanding around the history of CTE in the US, its roots and fundamental core elements. 

inform the students that upon completing there education. 

that there is a wealth of information available to them to fine tune their career

remenber to use positive reinforcement

I now have a better understanding of the Perkins Grant (gained from the link provided) and how cluster and capstone classes vertically align with post-secondary.  

This course is giving me a good insight into the history of CTE and how to keep the 2-sides of life separate and manageable. 

Sign In to comment