Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Your Leadership Toolkit | Origin: LS105

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Your Leadership Toolkit

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Good evening, in this module, I learned that I am more of a visual learner.  I also learned how to create a positive atmosphere for creativity in meetings.  I plan on using some of these strategies in my next meeting to discuss admission retention for the fall.

Samantha

Learning about Appreciative Inquiry was very helpful. It will be helpful to use this method to combat challenges my team and I face.

I HAVE LEARNED HOW TO IDENTIFIED MY STRENGHT AND WEAKNESS.

I loved the part about elminating the limiting mindset.   It's amazing how many times people say that they can't do something or won't, but they don't examine how a goal can be achieved. 

I have learned that I need to understand my learning style to be able to teach others. Also learnt about empathic listening. Learned more about the various learning styles and how to tell the learning styles of students.

This module was a good reminder regarding some of the learning styles employees possess. The limiting mindset is also something all leaders combat over time and can hinder a progressive culture. 

Creating a positive environment for problem solving and work on enhancing what works well rather than focusing on what is wrong.

Ilearned that I should listen more closely to what others have to say. The flexiibility that allows others to help achieve the leadership goals as well as their own goals and growth within a team is well emphasized.

As the lesson correctly pointed out I learned all of the diffirent tools in the leadership toolkit. Which includes the apperciative inquiry piece of the presentation, which I thought was very intresting! Funny thing is even with my classes when I doing bad in one class, instead of putting all of my resources there, I would instead put all of my resources in my good classes so that B could turn into an A. Its very true that focusing on the good and give you much results. 

This is a great reminder of the importance of high-quality listening. Having a "commitment" to a conversation is so important. I often find that my heart is not into listening, and as a leader who hopes to be a good leader, I need to commit to that moment. I need to be open and to do my best to care about what the person I am talking to cares about. It's so hard to do that sometimes, but most humans can feel when others aren't interested or are not paying close attention to what is said. Again, just a great reminder to let go of my own ego and what I think is important or not important and really dive into their lives and ideas. 

Good Evening.

I'm planning to use my new skills to get our school through at difficult time.

Listening, listening empathetically and seeking clarity are very crucial steps in gaining understanding the person you are speaking to and the situation. Leaders need to have emotional intelligence which is self management and realtionship skills in order to communicate effectively. It is best to first understand, then to be understood.

I have learened that my streght aand weakness need to be improved on and different ways of outlooks and empathy should be improved on.

How to identify and use new leadership skills.

Great Lesson that helped me reflect on how I use and could use emotional intelligence, Innovation and Appreciative inquiry.

Knowing one's learning style helps raise empathy when attempting to have workplace conversations about ways to improve or to teach. Additionally, innovation is facilitated by reframing how a topic of focus is addressed. Instead of a negative focus that seeks to target a problem which can lead to defensiveness from the team, appreciate inquiry redirects towards a positive approach of what is working and how to do more of that.

I learned several valuable aspects from this module. 

Learning Style: I am primarily a visual learner with equal parts of auditory and kinesthetic as secondary.

Emotional Intelligence: I have high emotional intelligence but need to work on pacing myself and do more of the stopping to smell the roses in life.

I also learned more about Appreciate Inquiry and it's role in leadership situations.

Much of this information was sort of review but put into context if that makes sense. Meaning, I knew a lot of this but didn't necessarily know that I knew it or that "it" even had a name.

I look forward to learning more from these lessons.

Empathic listening opens up true communication and leaves less room for error when practiced. Being aware of learning styles is important so that imformation can be given in an apporpriate way and removes road blocks of misunderstandings. These are tools that we even need to be conscious of in our everyday relationships and conversations. 

I have learned about different learning styles and how to use them in communication to avoid misunderstandings.   

Sign In to comment